Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

I looked at the Blue webcam from the woods at Copper mountain...I skied lots of woods today and just sides of trails where untracked remained.  In Frisco now having some Tortilla soup...
20EA6AA6-604B-4EB5-92BD-B10BF8DAF625.thumb.jpeg.4f7862536fd8c8b67a282a4820cb70e8.jpeg
09B903BE-944B-476A-AEF2-35D6CE66FA1F.thumb.jpeg.7c517a896b933114571ec35df7be8427.jpeg
BE4A5563-B3F1-497A-A8DE-C8FCF07FF15F.thumb.jpeg.a71652916f30008a007670fa87528bd1.jpeg
9954D64F-D131-4A24-9A8F-FFE073C32F86.thumb.jpeg.64eecd320217f367eaa46a1a8e164f4c.jpeg

Looks good my man!

Looks like 10”+ now for the mountains and heavy. A couple more hours of snow then should clear.  I’m going to ABasin...I think I’d need chains to get to Loveland on I-70 or lover Loveland pass. It’s rowdy out there.  Storm totals so far in the 25” range. Maybe even more in winter park which received 18” from the first wave. Could be really good today!!!

• Like 1

Good for you Doug, looks like you hit the sweet spot. Crested Butte got 12” overnight and closing today. Eldora was originally closing today but looks like they are extending another week. Very windy here in Boulder as well. 

I’m beat times six...right now heading from ABasin to Mountain Lyon cafe it’s open until 2PM....I still found a bit of fresh my last run had to actually ski uphill powder to get it.  All three parking lots at ABasin filled up today really quick perhaps by 9am as I was near the pack of the closest lot before 8am...people were parked down the road near keystone when there are tons of empty spots in my row from all the people that got there at 745 and peaced our after the Perder got tracked out.  

1D2E1999-C3F3-4735-8F7A-B9834806E827.jpeg

Today was a powder day at ABasin..a huge powder day..the kind of day where people are doing yoga in the liftline...well that might be everyday out here.  Already had my ticket 2 of 7 day from the other day parked 20 steps from picnic tables by Pali lift got into skis got in line.  I was about the 5th row but there were a couple rows and it’s a double chair.  A lot of avalanche bombs going off. Got on maybe 25th chair ended up skiing Pali face because many were going beyond that area or dropping in towards Lenawee.  I had steep untracked nobody around I took a few pictures and down to the Pali lift it and the black mountain express had large lift lines at least early. Ten minute line for Pali chair and rode with a guy who has RV. He even showed me his rig from the lift.  Next run skied a totally untracked face down to Lenawee was a welcome relief after first run which was powder panic.  Took Lenawee up was surprised there was no one but they were operating Norway lift. 

Top of Lenawee took rope tow to montazuma that had just opened like 15 minutes before it was a gong show and people getting sendy. Hard to find a good place to piss people skiing all the woods. From the lift I eyed different lines best one was like 2/3 of the way down a traverse through an opening in a rope because to both sides was rocky. The traverse out was like cool boarders two most dropped off early or wiped out. I was able to get the untracked I saw from the lift and there was bonus freshies below..entertaining lift rides a lot of hoots and hollers.  Just like the day before the powder settled quite a bit allowing lower angled untracked to be skied. I definitely skied pretty close to the edge to get some fresh poe. Every run I found some even if through a few trees. 

I skied lenawee some more found serious freshies on switchback type unofficial runs through the woods sort of like the mid mountain woods at copper everything is in play people will still be finding untracked tomorrow if they traverse a lot. I wanted to get food on the mountain but way way too crowded and saw that the mountain lion cafe was open until 2 so went there ate at the counter. Had Denver omelette and bacon and side of salsa they also refilled my coffee twice.

tomorrow I’m either skiing Loveland or ABasin..Loveland pass was close this morning so the only people arriving were coming from the keystone side. Took people from Denver an extra 30-40 minutes at least. Somebody was real happy with my parking spot as people were parking 3 miles down the road weekend pow day it’s gonna happen.  Looks like tomorrow morning could be light and dry pow will be colder overnight.  I’m sure I’ll check the Loveland snow cam before and after I eat a French dip sang or a manly salad maybe with avacado at the Irish pub staggering distance away. Two nights ago I was there and it was snowing like a mofo..I stepped in a puddle like 4 inches deep...mad technical.