April 2nd Perder Merder.

toast21602

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ski2Live have your girls started talking about wanting to snowboard yet?  Make sure they put some skin into it if they’re interested in snowboarding...

Not really. They don't have any friends that board, and I think the fad is more or less over compared to where it was a decade or so ago. We did talk about snowboarding briefly in CO. They asked if I had ever tried it.

Answer - I did a lesson one day at Blue because their Mom was done skiing (she has weird shaped feet that she could never find boots to fit well) and agreed to try that with its softer boots if I would for a day. We spent most of the day falling on out butts, she wasn't inspired to do it again, and I concluded why would I ever do something that hard for me when I could only do it when I was somewhere I could do something I loved and was good at.

I went on to gratuitously tell them that if they ever wanted to try it, it would be something I would really.not be able to help them with as I had no idea how to do it. Topic closed.

But I would still love them if they decided to come out as snowboarders (or in any other way).

So much fun watching folks attempting to jump... Going, going... Will they get enough speed? A little more... Will they at least make it there?? Maybe with an extra push? Yep! Whew... Barely... And drop like a stone. 

First time I see so many boarders trying to rub some white junk into their boards right on the mountain.

41 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

90% chance of rain Tues and Wed.

Wednesday high over 60.....

Today was a good way to start and end my "season" at Blue. Good to see some of the regulars, albeit briefly. I managed to ski a coupla runs with Mbike. He heard me screaming obscenities at and punching the far left 6pack gate because it wouldn't respond to the lift pass. I didn't even recognize him until we got on the lift. Turns out it may have been inoperable. Thanks for the No worky non-signage , Blue. Sweet untracked runs while it was still puking a bit rules out an encore for the weekend. I saw what lurked under the fresh snow. Blue was purdy this AM; fresh snow is like crater filler for slope acne.

Special thanks to Toast for the pass hookup.

Isn't the far left gate a season pass only gate?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not really. They don't have any friends that board, and I think the fad is more or less over compared to where it was a decade or so ago. We did talk about snowboarding briefly in CO. They asked if I had ever tried it.

Answer - I did a lesson one day at Blue because their Mom was done skiing (she has weird shaped feet that she could never find boots to fit well) and agreed to try that with its softer boots if I would for a day. We spent most of the day falling on out butts, she wasn't inspired to do it again, and I concluded why would I ever do something that hard for me when I could only do it when I was somewhere I could do something I loved and was good at.

I went on to gratuitously tell them that if they ever wanted to try it, it would be something I would really.not be able to help them with as I had no idea how to do it. Topic closed.

But I would still love them if they decided to come out as snowboarders (or in any other way).

I’ve never tried snowboarding except on a sledding hill..I did skateboard a bit as a kid was never that good could basically cruise around and jump on and off curbs..I just like the stance facing downhill on skis better and using poles and being pretty equal on both sides while it I did snowboard my toe side would be 90% better than my heel side which is scary to me..plus skis are great transportation on bigger mountains..can cover ground a lot faster on traverses. I bet they’re still talking about Colorado!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Isn't the far left gate a season pass only gate?

Ding ding ding but it wasn’t working for my pass today either..

i still cant get over how good it was this morning...I can’t be picky if snow is light and dry or beefy..just skiing untracked is so great..for those struggling today in the chop it takes a lot of commitment to ski the chop well..speed is your friend and going sideways or being mellow will own you...I saw lots of skinny skis today and while I’ve skied heavy powder and choppity chop on old straight skinny skis it would be hard to go back after being on the Shiros and even mid fat skis. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, eaf said:

So much fun watching folks attempting to jump... Going, going... Will they get enough speed? A little more... Will they at least make it there?? Maybe with an extra push? Yep! Whew... Barely... And drop like a stone. 

First time I see so many boarders trying to rub some white junk into their boards right on the mountain.

I think blue sells a lot of rub on wax..Matt Edge bought some a few weeks ago and spent like 15 minutes rubbing it on his skis..and asked Atomic Jeff how long it would last and Jeff said about 1/2 a run...

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Are you also finding time to eat on Homestretch after doing your grocery list, etc?

Nope, went to grill. Should've eaten before, but was too in a hurry. But I'm all done, so mask on!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

No need Salty, it was pure gold reading that stuff. Rock on brotha!

Wow, a fan! I think I'm up to like 3 fans now on this whole site. Thanks tarponhead! That was epic when we met at the top of Falls on Saturday when you yelled out "it's the legendary Salty", and then a split second later Indiggio got 50+ feet of air.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow, a fan! I think I'm up to like 3 fans now on this whole site. Thanks tarponhead! That was epic when we met at the top of Falls on Saturday when you yelled out "it's the legendary Salty", and then a split second later Indiggio got 50+ feet of air.

That’s badass. I have lots of fans..they all blow air in my face. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1