April 2nd Perder Merder.

toast21602

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I agree I know they are selling some tickets today!!!  Could also be a snowstorm this weekend. 

Nice report! Sounds like you got a little fresh on a few runs. Can you provide your actuarial analysis for how you determined the 40% figure? I already put my ski stuff away for the year.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nice report! Sounds like you got a little fresh on a few runs. Can you provide your actuarial analysis for how you determined the 40% figure? I already put my ski stuff away for the year.

Where did you put your ski stuff? In a closet?  Is your bachelor party the entire weekend or just one day? Me thinks you should try to ski this weekend..are you staying at the Holiday inn express in KOP?  There’s a Hooters next door. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where did you put your ski stuff? In a closet?  Is your bachelor party the entire weekend or just one day? Me thinks you should try to ski this weekend..are you staying at the Holiday inn express in KOP?  There’s a Hooters next door. 

Wow and Atomic said I ask a lot of questions Bahaha.

Closet. Just Saturday. Maybe if we get freshees. No. I've been to the Hooters, it was rad.

What a beautiful morning. Deepest turns on X-ing all season. Snow was getting kinda rowdy in a good fun way.  Switched off the Bacons for the Monsters for a few runs before I left.  Kinda wish I could have stayed for the sun to come out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I took high school students to Hooters once years ago on a model congress trip. They wanted to go and I said no, and they begged, so I said ok. It was a mix of girls and boys and the girls all immediately started talking about how gross and exploitive it was and we had a nice discussion about gender expectations and the Male Gaze. The boys were completely bummed out and probably wish we'd gone anywhere else. Mission. Accomplished. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I'm planning to ski at least the next three weekends. The last of them two days at Sunday River

Killington spring pass here. I plan to ski until the mountain bike trails open. 

I think I need to get a gravel or road bike for the mud season. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I took high school students to Hooters once years ago on a model congress trip. They wanted to go and I said no, and they begged, so I said ok. It was a mix of girls and boys and the girls all immediately started talking about how gross and exploitive it was and we had a nice discussion about gender expectations and the Male Gaze. The boys were completely bummed out and probably wish we'd gone anywhere else. Mission. Accomplished. 

The first time I went to Hooters was on an SGA trip to Baltimore inner harbor and then we went to an Orioles game.  Me and a few friends went to Hooters and a friends Dad came along as well.  The Dad ordered a wine cooler and poured it onlver a glass of ice which I thought was kind of wimpy.  I was surprised by Hooters because I figured I would see some owls. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

. Off to Colorado Wednesday..I think there’s a 40% chance Blue reopens weekend of 4-14/4-15

Nah.  They announced the 8th would be the last day, pond skim is scheduled, they have little incentive to open that weekend.  There is no guarantee that they will sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile.  We had this converstation this weekend....they need to learn how to extract money from season passholders on these late season weekends.  Like a grill outside selling burgers, dogs, beer......maybe by scantily clad women.......whatever works.  

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

P.S. PA ski areas should IMO be staying open at least through mid April with all the snow we have been getting.

We should probably just be lucky our season was as long as it was.  Businesses need to make money.  I support Businesses being able to make money.  I have to make decisions like this to basically not work when the weather sucks, so i get to piss people off just as much, but businesses need to make money to stay open. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

An enlightened way to make money is to provide good service to your best customers to keep them your best customers even if it means not every day you are open your income exceeds your expenditures. 

I get that, i do.  But i do also see how hard it would be to open your doors at the end of the season, when ticket sales are already going down, just to make "people happy". Keep in mind, we all just bought a pass for the least amount of money ever.  

And there is no way your cheap ass would open anything if you werent going to make a buck.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Headed up after work, as early as I can. Probably only get an hour or so in, but it’s bonus time.

Also trying hard to resist buying some ex-demo Monster 108s right now.

Resist buying them if they have demo bindings on them.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

All of my skis have demo bindings on them

I would try to move away from them?  for me?  'cause we are pals?  

I know buying skis with demo bindings on them are sometimes hard to pass up price-wise, I just dont think they are as good as fixed bindings.  I dont trust them and i like it when you cook shit for us.  i would miss that.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I would try to move away from them?  for me?  'cause we are pals?  

I know buying skis with demo bindings on them are sometimes hard to pass up price-wise, I just dont think they are as good as fixed bindings.  I dont trust them and i like it when you cook shit for us.  i would miss that.  

I agree with all of this, but do you two have some relationship that I don't know about?

37 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Headed up after work, as early as I can. Probably only get an hour or so in, but it’s bonus time.

Also trying hard to resist buying some ex-demo Monster 108s right now.

Which demo binding?  If it’s an Aaaaattttttaaaaaccccckkkkkk model (and it probably is) go for it. 

37 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I get that, i do.  But i do also see how hard it would be to open your doors at the end of the season, when ticket sales are already going down, just to make "people happy". Keep in mind, we all just bought a pass for the least amount of money ever.  

And there is no way your cheap ass would open anything if you werent going to make a buck.  

I do all kinds of work for free actually. Pro Bono legal stuff and organizing charity events. But I do like getting a deal. I would not have bought 90 lift tix for my kids if each one had cost me $60. Deals make it possible to share my passion with them.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I do all kinds of work for free actually. Pro Bono legal stuff and organizing charity events. But I do like getting a deal. I would not have bought 90 lift tix for my kids if each one had cost me $60. Deals make it possible to share my passion with them.

Feels good to do volunteer/charity/pro bono stuff and it feels good to get a good deal. I hear ya. 

• Like 1