Blue Mountain Closing Weekend Roll Call

RootDKJ

20 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Razors was like skiing on rumble strips. Like vibrated your feet. Runs after that were a little better. Main was the best, and thats not saying too much. Firm frozen conditions today. 

I think night rain had to contribute a lot to this, for they couldn't even groom properly. Tomorrow should be better. Plus sunny.

42 minutes ago, eaf said:

LOL. Maybe I should sleep in tomorrow. 10am is probably when it will start melting.

I thought you liked hard snow..my prediction is all the loose snow from this afternoon will groom out nicely and tomorrow will be the better weekend day at Blue the true!!!!  Didn’t look busy on the webcams.  Enjoy sausage Sunday!!!

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you liked hard snow..my prediction is all the loose snow from this afternoon will groom out nicely and tomorrow will be the better weekend day at Blue the true!!!!  Didn’t look busy on the webcams.  Enjoy sausage Sunday!!!

The plan is to start on slaloms and then switch to monsters. Need to sharpen one and wax the other pair.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Razors was like skiing on rumble strips. Like vibrated your feet. Runs after that were a little better. Main was the best, and thats not saying too much. Firm frozen conditions today. 

Very firm and stayed that way, agree that Main was best, then lazy.

Snuck over to the competition today (though Big Boulder is open, it's a little short in vertical even for me). Hit the snooze button too many times, and didn't get there until 11:30. Probably a good thing. First run down Racers was boilerplate, but by 1 it had softened up nicely. A bunch of runs in the area between Sidewinder and Dreamweaver and called it a day around 2:30. Nice to have the legs burning a little at the bottom of the runs.

• Like 2

Snuck over to the competition today (though Big Boulder is open, it's a little short in vertical even for me). Hit the snooze button too many times, and didn't get there until 11:30. Probably a good thing. First run down Racers was boilerplate, but by 1 it had softened up nicely. A bunch of runs in the area between Sidewinder and Dreamweaver and called it a day around 2:30. Nice to have the legs burning a little at the bottom of the runs.

Are you going to become a Blue pass holder next season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

Are you going to become a Blue pass holder next season?

Between getting the flu over the holidays and being on a Monday to Friday out of state project this winter, I think I'll wait a couple of years until retirement before I get a local season pass again.

• Like 1

Between getting the flu over the holidays and being on a Monday to Friday out of state project this winter, I think I'll wait a couple of years until retirement before I get a local season pass again.

Well I hope you can retire sooner than later, and hope you have better health this upcoming year.

• Sad 1