Blue Mountain Closing Weekend Roll Call

RootDKJ

Can't wait! I even see some snow suspended in water :) I of course can't compete on my skinnies, but shall we see enjoralas on his brand new 108s??

But slopes are getting softer and mushier. Whatever is in shade is still ok.

IMG_20180408_105815.jpg

Edited by eaf

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe we’ll get the new trail for next season 

A45C4125-AD9F-4158-9F5F-DFA88B67A7F0.png

Talked to a ski patrol guy on Sat who said he heard they are going to wait to do it same time as condo construction. Bet Hunter gets their newly announced 5 new trails and 6 pack up long before Blue's one trail. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

7 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Talked to a ski patrol guy on Sat who said he heard they are going to wait to do it same time as condo construction. Bet Hunter gets their newly announced 5 new trails and 6 pack up long before Blue's one trail. 

Cool. I hope they do. Its always great to see ski areas expanding when they can.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Cool. I hope they do. Its always great to see ski areas expanding when they can.

They are saying next season. It is blue and green terrain with 1000' vertical, which is a good thing IMO as that is a type of terrain where Hunter is rather lacking. Only really 1.5 non black runs from the summit. And also should reduce crowds on main lift.

19 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This was a really good season at Blue...early opening..cold...several snowstorms..tons of good weekend and night skiing sessions and purder murder

Agree, it was a great year. I thought it was over in February but March brought winter back with a vengence. Couldn't have asked for a better season really.