Blue Mountain Closing Weekend Roll Call

RootDKJ

I can do any weekend but would prefer the first weekend so I can skip a 1 y.o’s bday party:clap2.

hypothetically speaking this comes to fruition; how much vertical can we expect to ride? I’m sure they will have a couple rails set up so that’ll keep my happy too. 

8 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I can do any weekend but would prefer the first weekend so I can skip a 1 y.o’s bday party:clap2.

hypothetically speaking this comes to fruition; how much vertical can we expect to ride? I’m sure they will have a couple rails set up so that’ll keep my happy too. 

Likely superstar chair only which is just under 1200 vert..probably a mogul run and a groomer. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Likely superstar chair only which is just under 1200 vert..probably a mogul run and a groomer. 

There should be a few groomers off Superstar.  Blues mostly, but they get bumped up really quickly. Hard to say with this weather. It's been rainy, but tomorrow is some sort of wintry-mixpocalypse,  then a long stretch of high 30s at night, so who knows. It feels like May is the new April up here this year. 

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 1

So I took a week or so off to focus my non-skiing life back on track after all the shit I've blown off this winter... What an awesome day closing day at Blue was this year.  It was so quiet in the morning, you could hear the birds singing on the lift. Snow softened up around noon and I got to ski my last runs on some baller Head Monster 108's.  Great Sausage Sunday, what a way to wrap up a way better than average winter.  

2 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

So I took a week or so off to focus my non-skiing life back on track after all the shit I've blown off this winter... What an awesome day closing day at Blue was this year.  It was so quiet in the morning, you could hear the birds singing on the lift. Snow softened up around noon and I got to ski my last runs on some baller Head Monster 108's.  Great Sausage Sunday, what a way to wrap up a way better than average winter.  

What have you been up to this last week???  

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He was stretching one-day memories into a week. Finally found some strength to start letting it go and write about it.

How were the 108s compared to 88s?

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Mostly, getting work projects to the point where they won't completely derail the two weeks I'm in Europe.

13 hours ago, eaf said:

He was stretching one-day memories into a week. Finally found some strength to start letting it go and write about it.

How were the 108s compared to 88s?

Haha.  Burlier.  Takes a lot more speed to get the 108's to carve but those big fat tips blasted right though the spring mashed taters.  I was getting spray shots on my legs.

10 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Mostly, getting work projects to the point where they won't completely derail the two weeks I'm in Europe.

Haha.  Burlier.  Takes a lot more speed to get the 108's to carve but those big fat tips blasted right though the spring mashed taters.  I was getting spray shots on my legs.

How are the 108s compared to the Bacons?

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, antman12 said:

Anybody still interested?