Does the PA skison have legs?

Will BB stretch it another weekend or will skiing now mean 'skills and beyond? Seems likely they will open based on past history and the weather we have had.

How much will they have open and what kind of coverage if they do?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

They announced 10 to 6 Sat and Sun with $35 tix. Will be there with the girls as we have tix to use up this season. Will be in windbreakers if forecast for high of 70 remains intact. Bring a straw as it could be a bit slushee.

Maybe follow up at Belleayre, Platte kill (or Hunter if open) Sunday. Season's not getting any longer ya know.

33 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

With today and tomorrows weather, I'm no longer thinking of skiing.  

I honestly haven't ben since that last Monday snowfall bonus day since I knew I wouldn't be at Blue's closing. Hoping that this nice weather sticks around for good.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Only 67 at opening on Sat, high of 73 at BB. Got free tix to use, should be more fun than not skiing. 

Skiing Sunday River April 21 and 22.

Be sure to post a report.  I haven’t skied Sunday river since December of 1997. My freshman year of college my dad picked me up for winter break and we first skied two days at sugarloaf and a day at Sunday river.  Word of advice if you’re seeing a live band either name drop Bruce Springsteen or the Beagles and you’ll avoid paying cover.  If you’re at Blue mountain just say you know Eaf. 

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I honestly haven't ben since that last Monday snowfall bonus day since I knew I wouldn't be at Blue's closing. Hoping that this nice weather sticks around for good.

Job came up friday. Gonna force myself to hit bell sunday. If i can get the oil changed sat at least

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So Saturday at Boulder is that the call??  My skis are still in my car. Maybe I can rally Matt Edge to come can borrow some of his rub on wax.  I still have a soft pretzel left from the last Perder day at Blue..

Planning to be there. Might be solo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

16 trails?  16 trails?  Holy crap....thats gonna be awesome!!!

Its as awesome as it gets for PA skiing this weekend. My girls and I will enjoy it free of charge in our wond breakers and then take a nice little hike to nearby Hawk Falls. It will be the best skiing they get to do in the next 7 months. Hope you find something else fun to do.

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Its as awesome as it gets for PA skiing this weekend. My girls and I will enjoy it free of charge in our wond breakers and then take a nice little hike to nearby Hawk Falls. It will be the best skiing they get to do in the next 7 months. Hope you find something else fun to do.

You can probably skip the wond breakers.  T shirt weather. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can probably skip the wond breakers.  T shirt weather. 

Totally, but if you fall in the wet snow it is nice to have something waterproof on. And definitely more likely to fall in the slush. If it were just me it would be a T shirt (if I even bothered skiing it) but as a parent I am more protective.