Does the PA skison have legs?

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Do the legs have to be shaved? Because I'm enjoying unemployment and that sounds like the sort of strenuous upkeep I'm super uninterested in. 

Really? No regrets, uneasiness or fear of months to come? Solid budget, bottomless credit cards and the pure joy of freedom and independence?

19 minutes ago, Shadows said:

what the hell is going on right now

I think Eaf is questioning my life choices again and/or doesn't register hyperbole. 

Hey, if it puts your mind at ease , I'm fine financially. I do have savings. I'm simply enjoying a bit of decompression and humor before jumping back into the 40-hour world again in the next month or so. Vermont just voted in a mandatory minimum wage of $15 an hour. I could literally take ANY job here and make as much money as I made teaching high school. So no, I'm not worried, I'm very happy and optimistic for the future and aware of my good fortune. Most people I know have been happy for me in return, but you do you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Really? No regrets, uneasiness or fear of months to come? Solid budget, bottomless credit cards and the pure joy of freedom and independence?

Shut the fuck up Eaf...she’s been working for 30 years and has no kids and her fixed costs are very low with her new condo purchase.  When I’m your age and Sally’s age I’ll probably be retired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

I think Eaf is questioning my life choices again and/or doesn't register hyperbole. 

Hey, if it puts your mind at ease , I'm fine financially. I do have savings. I'm simply enjoying a bit of decompression and humor before jumping back into the 40-hour world again in the next month or so. Vermont just voted in a mandatory minimum wage of $15 an hour. I could literally take ANY job here and make as much money as I made teaching high school. So no, I'm not worried, I'm very happy and optimistic for the future and aware of my good fortune. Most people I know have been happy for me in return, but you do you. 

A nice Bye Felicia at the end would have been good. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Shut the fuck up Eaf...she’s been working for 30 years and has no kids and her fixed costs are very low with her new condo purchase.  When I’m your age and Sally’s age I’ll probably be retired. 

Piss off. She forgot her italics this time, and you're hardly much younger than I am.

I'm also working part time while caring for an elderly parent who needs so much help I haven't even spent a night in my new place or moved out of my PA apartment. But if you want to be all jelly of my rock star life,  Eaf, go for it. 

Don't assume shit about people's situations. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Well, if we're into behavioral advices now, don't post double-sided statements on a public board and expect people not to read and comment on them. As for your particular situation, how do I know what you're up to? GSS expressed some interest in being a ski bum lately. I don't think he was joking though.

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, if we're into behavioral advices now, don't post double-sided statements on a public board and expect people not to read and comment on them. As for your particular situation, how do I know what you're up to? GSS expressed some interest in being a ski bum lately. I don't think he was joking though.

If you don't know, then don't comment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I'm also working part time while caring for an elderly parent who needs so much help I haven't even spent a night in my new place or moved out of my PA apartment. But if you want to be all jelly of my rock star life,  Eaf, go for it. 

He sounds like a jealous hater to me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

Just lately???  I’ve always wanted to live a life of leisure but finances have gotten in the way. I pulled off being a ski bum for 18 months when I lived in Montana and in college I was basically a ski bum. Anyway  mid term goal is to work 8 months of the year here and deligate my work to the office manager other 4 months of the year..

anyway Eaf when I’m a ski bum if you need a couch to crash on checkout couchsurfing.com I’ll be in Vail. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eaf said:

Comment all you like, but expect pushback if you're going to be all negative toward someone. 

I would assume that anyone over age 40 probably has a lot more heavy shit going on in their life than meets the eye or that they talk about casually. That's why most people try not to be dicks to each other. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

were you in Montana at all this ski season??  

Was there all winter, but never got out skiing - too much to do at home to stay there over the weekend.  Scored a bunch of goggles for the crew and a new helmet at a 1/3 price closing season sale in Butte though.