30 second Jackson tr

Johnny Law

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow the only celebrity I’ve met is Marco Andretti and I said if you ever want to drive a base model Subaru Impreza let me know...then I asked him if he knows how to drive an automatic.  I would of mentioned Mosley’s MTV real world road world challenge hosting gig..that was badass. 

My son and I met Glen Plake, but unfortunately it was in a ski shop and not out on the snow or I would have asked him to rip some bumps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

We rode for about 3 hrs, he talked alot about being quicker in getting to the down hill ski. Also a bunch about weighting the ski correctly in the bumps but he's so far ahead its like Einstein trying to teach a monkey.

I saw an Instagram post from him earlier this week that he was heading to Aspen and was wondering if you would see him and here you are skiing an afternoon with him!   Kick ass!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, phillycore said:

Glen Plake was at Frost one day doing some pr thing, supposedly he went out with one of the teaching instructors and did a backflip into the elevator.

I don't doubt it one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i totally forgot about those days. I did get to see him at frost mad long ago too. got a poster signed by him made out to some kid who wasnt me. 

I remember watching him break out the "dinner roll" live during the Olympics in '98 or '02. Was living in Philly at the time and it reminded me of how much I needed to live close to the mountains... even tiny Pennsylvania versions. Not that I could or would ever attempt do anything remotely close to a dinner roll. Was just overall inspiring.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indiggio said:

My son and I met Glen Plake, but unfortunately it was in a ski shop and not out on the snow or I would have asked him to rip some bumps.

Was that at the party Buckmans had when they purchased Nestor's? Great party, and he is very down to earth. 

6 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Was that at the party Buckmans had when they purchased Nestor's? Great party, and he is very down to earth. 

Yeah, when they brought in a bunch of professional skiers and boarders.  He's always so happy, but wouldn't anybody be if you skied for a living?

On 4/17/2018 at 8:08 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It was a very good day.

Plus I've now been to like a ton of closing days which are always at the very least a party.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Bump for stoke..awesome report.   New article on Jackson WY from Thrillist. How to live like a local in Jackson hole..skip showers and hit up 2-4-1 happy hour deals. Double fist double IPAs and drink whiskey get stopped by cops for open container get told to go back to New York..and show the herb tourons where the pop machine is.  

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/visit-jackson-hole-restaurants-lodging