Mount Snow 04.21.18- “are you an idiot?”

antman12

Nice dude. Enjoy. I hear you on the family stuff... After a broken shoulder 2 seasons ago and an injury in Jackson this year, people actually asked me if I was considering not skiing again. I'm pretty sure I looked at them like Arnold Schwarzenegger looked at the women with three boobs in Total Recall.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Nice dude. Enjoy. I hear you on the family stuff... After a broken shoulder 2 seasons ago and an injury in Jackson this year, people actually asked me if I was considering not skiing again. I'm pretty sure I looked at them like Arnold Schwarzenegger looked at the women with three boobs in Total Recall.

That’s so messed up that people even ask you that.  Some asswipe at the bar asked me how many days I skied this season and I said 70 and he didn’t believe me...I’m the unofficial state manager why would I make that shit up. 

• Like 1

That’s so messed up that people even ask you that.  Some asswipe at the bar asked me how many days I skied this season and I said 70 and he didn’t believe me...I’m the unofficial state manager why would I make that shit up. 
I mean I can see their point to a degree. Skiing is an addiction. There's a lot worse shit that I could be hooked on. That usually helps put it in perspective for people.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Hahaha yea I hear ya! A bit different but I had a couple aunts asking me if its hard to wake up on Sat and Sun so early to ride... I laughed and said no. Its often hard for me to fall asleep the night before because im so giddy. 

And yes, like you said it can be like an addiction. I NEEDED one more day of riding. lol

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hmmm having to appear in court for going 5 under...only stoners drive below the speed limit.  Why would your mom call you an idiot?  She should say way to get after it!!!

No, I was going a good bit over the speed limit.

Haha my moms a saint. That was her saying she didn't like the idea.... without actually saying it.

No real updates or pics, I had a great day of riding. Ill prob do an actual report later or tomorrow morning. My face got LIT UP by the sun lol.

17 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Hahaha yea I hear ya! A bit different but I had a couple aunts asking me if its hard to wake up on Sat and Sun so early to ride... I laughed and said no. Its often hard for me to fall asleep the night before because im so giddy. 

And yes, like you said it can be like an addiction. I NEEDED one more day of riding. lol

I’m still used to waking up the earliest on weekends. I woke up at 4:44AM this morning. I struggle the most to get up semi early for work. 

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Looks great and EMPTY. I was invited to Killington this weekend. Didn't go, would have had to call in sick Friday. 

It was empty, but ironically  "longer" lines than my last trip here. But that was due to only having 4 lifts open.

I guess ill pick up where I left off, on my first lift ride. I took 3 warm up runs, just trying to get a feel of what they had open and what they didn't have open. They pretty much had the whole main face open which was nice. There were a decent amount of snow/ice chunk the size of softballs to start the morning which was a little surprising considering how I was blown away by their grooming my last trip. 

After a couple runs on the main face I then went over to Carinthia, which is the small face that they have dedicated to only terrain parks served by a HS quad. I did WAY more runs then I was planning to over there. I didn't want to take too many chances in the park since I had a 4ish hour ride home, but that thought process quickly went out the window. I wish i would've taken some pics or videos but I unfortunately did not. The park was great, a solid mix of medium to large rails with small to medium sized jumps all mixed into (1) long trail. Fantastic! I noticed this one guy who was really, REALLY good and waited a minute at the top to follow him and his crew down. By far the best terrain park snowboarding ive seen in person. Im sure you skiers can relate whether its GS, moguls(Jonnylaw seeing Moseley) or terrain parks, but you realize theres levels to this. And ill NEVER be on that level. Amazing to see and motivating to be honest.

After about 10 runs over in the terrain parks I decided that was enough risk taking for the day/season and headed over to the North Face for some diamond runs before lunch. I did about 3-4 runs over there, unfortunately the fixed grip triple is less than ideal.

THE LATTE PLACE WAS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!! Ya boy was an angry elf!! ( not really, but i settled for a coffee lol). Took a 30 minute coffee/lunch/420 break and was back on the snow for my final runs of the season. I kept it low key by just doing a bunch of green and blue runs for the rest of the afternoon. not much to speak of to be honest. All in all i did 28 runs in about 6 hours.

(2) things. A) The Detachable 6pack burble chairlift is soooo smooth. I love that lift. But B) at about 2pm the chairs were seemingly having trouble detaching and reattaching?? Is this a potential problem with detachables? Maybe that wasn't the issue but it sure seemed like it. Ill just say ive never seen a chairlift "push started" before. No really there was a guy pushing the chairs thru the terminal for a time while it was closed and a whole lot of banging around by a mechanic in the overhead area of the lift. 

I left the snow around 240 and pulled outta the parking lot by 3. It was a fantastic day and I would definitely take another day trip up here in the future. Granted under special circumstances such as the very beginning or end of a season.

Thanks for reading my trip reports this season!

A8F639C8-1CD1-4866-9BEF-2D169BCEC21A.jpeg

Edited by antman12
  • Like 5

Nice report. Apparently Killington was a real shitshow yesterday. Somebody was complaining on alpine zone that they were already parked in bay 2 of the P lot at 750am and eventually people parked all the way down the road to snowshed with no shuttles running. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report. Apparently Killington was a real shitshow yesterday. Somebody was complaining on alpine zone that they were already parked in bay 2 of the P lot at 750am and eventually people parked all the way down the road to snowshed with no shuttles running. 

I heard conditions were excellent there though.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about picking up a "DRIFTER" Peak Pass. Anybody else getting a Peak Pass? It would be nice to have a pass to Mount Snow, JFBB and Hunter. I'm already thinking about an early, middle and late season 2/3 day trips up to Snow next season.

image.thumb.png.05a239411660d1b856522304760a574d.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I'm thinking about picking up a "DRIFTER" Peak Pass. Anybody else getting a Peak Pass? It would be nice to have a pass to Mount Snow, JFBB and Hunter. I'm already thinking about an early, middle and late season 2/3 day trips up to Snow next season.

image.thumb.png.05a239411660d1b856522304760a574d.png

Sounds like it would be worth it for you if you are committed to making the drive up there, which it seems like you are. Has the added benefit of early and late season BB.

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I still don’t understand why you would have gone to court and why you only got a $50 fine. I once received a $140 fine just for not coming to a complete stop at a four way stop sign. 

I'm just repeating what the officer told me. He changed my violation from speeding which would have come with points, to a different violation (reckless driving I believe), which doesn't come with points and only a $50 fine.

30 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Sounds like it would be worth it for you if you are committed to making the drive up there, which it seems like you are. Has the added benefit of early and late season BB.

For sure. The day trip was an odd circumstance and I'm not against doing them occasionally. But I'm thinking of a couple Fri- Sat trips, plus Ive never been to Hunter and would like to check it out. And like you said the added bonus of early/late season JFBB is just a perk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You have to go to court for a speeding ticket?  Or do you already have points and would try to fight it?

you should always go to court to fight a speeding ticket. I actually just paid a lawyer to go to court for me last spring when I got a ticket. Was worth it so I didn't have to burn a day off work.

• Like 1