Mount Snow 04.21.18- “are you an idiot?”

antman12

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

you should always go to court to fight a speeding ticket. I actually just paid a lawyer to go to court for me last spring when I got a ticket. Was worth it so I didn't have to burn a day off work.

How much did the lawyer charge??  I’ve never had a speeding ticket before in PA knock on wood. I have had two in NJ, one in VT and one in Montana

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 hours ago, antman12 said:

I'm just repeating what the officer told me. He changed my violation from speeding which would have come with points, to a different violation (reckless driving I believe), which doesn't come with points and only a $50 fine.

For sure. The day trip was an odd circumstance and I'm not against doing them occasionally. But I'm thinking of a couple Fri- Sat trips, plus Ive never been to Hunter and would like to check it out. And like you said the added bonus of early/late season JFBB is just a perk.

Reckless driving has no points attached?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much did the lawyer charge??  I’ve never had a speeding ticket before in PA knock on wood. I have had two in NJ, one in VT and one in Montana

If I recall it was a flat $150. And he got the charge reduced to something with no points (was speeding of 42 in a 25, trap zone where the limit drops from 40 to 25) and was about $100 cheaper. So net cost was $50 and a vacation day saved, as well as no insurance increase.

• Like 3

i got a ticket for "reckless driving" in OCNJ, and that was for crossing a double yellow line to park on the opposite side of the street, bucking traffic.  In like September, or April....off season, nobody around.  Bored cop.  Reckless driving came with a mandatory court appearance.  I was pissed about the cop giving me the ticket, and no slack whatso ever, when there wasnt another car around for miles. It wasnt like i collided with a bus load of nuns.  I was more pissed though i had to take a day off work to go down and appear.  Usually you can throw enough money at stuff like that to make points disappear, and not have to appear.  

2 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Reckless driving has no points attached?

I do not know. I just checked my ticket. "creating risk of accident" word for word what is written. 

Im mainly happy about not getting any points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

If I recall it was a flat $150. And he got the charge reduced to something with no points (was speeding of 42 in a 25, trap zone where the limit drops from 40 to 25) and was about $100 cheaper. So net cost was $50 and a vacation day saved, as well as no insurance increase.

I didnt get caught in a speed trap but I sped up knowing the speed limit was about to increase in roughly a half mile. The cop and I literally drove past the increased speed marker.

I'm thinking about picking up a "DRIFTER" Peak Pass. Anybody else getting a Peak Pass? It would be nice to have a pass to Mount Snow, JFBB and Hunter. I'm already thinking about an early, middle and late season 2/3 day trips up to Snow next season.
image.thumb.png.05a239411660d1b856522304760a574d.png

It's a no brainer at that price if you're planning on spending a lot of time at hunter or Mt Snow.