Loveland, the closing day

eaf

I'll tell you more... The only mountains I saw in the light of the day had this suspicious red tint on them and were completely unskiable. I won't risk taking my Monsters on top of them even if it meant to never ski again.

IMG_20180505_171041.jpg

IMG_20180505_172050.jpg

IMG_20180505_165049.jpg

• Like 3

And the things are so freaking out of season that even snakes are out everywhere. I ran into a garter, boa and a sign warming me that it's not the end of it.

In short, I'm sorry, GSS, I have totally failed you. There's nothing to write home about, for I am too late.

IMG_20180505_161932.jpg

IMG_20180505_163030.jpg

Not sure I will anymore. How can today's cold and b&w terrain beat the yesterday's extravaganza of color, aroma and wildlife? The smell of wildflowers was overpowering.

The good part today is that despite the forecast it's actually sunny.

IMG_20180505_164821.jpg

IMG_20180505_162507.jpg

IMG_20180505_172240.jpg

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm freaking bored. Woke up at 6, already had breakfast and packed, and the area wouldn't open until 8:30. Ugh.

It’s because you’re on east coast time.  Enjoy the slow lifts and flat terrain at Loveland..the parking lot will probably be muddy as well.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sure this is shoulder season. Not many tourists.  I guess you were able to make it into the mountains with only a four cylinder. 

Funny that you've mentioned it... It's OK in general, but wouldn't go faster 75 on those 6° climbs. The eyesight is pretty good, beeps on lane departure, follows the car ahead nicely. Downhill braking is erratic. Instead of revving up and braking smoothly, it periodically does hard jerky brakes. If I was with passengers they would be like WTF?! And bare in mind that with more load it may get even worse. I loved truck runaway lanes in I70. Could be Forester runaway lanes, you never know ;)

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is the snow starting to soften up??

Yeah, a little bit, mostly at the bottom. But I'm stuck in the lift 8 area, can't figure out the escape path. The Face is closed, bummer.