Loveland, the closing day

eaf

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report.  Was that your first time skiing out west in awhile?? 

Other than a half day at Discovery in Montana a couple of years ago, the last time we were out was during the SLC Olympics.  Got a discount at the AirB&B at Tahoe City because a bear broke into the house the week before, ripping the front door off.  People are using electric fences and electrified scat mats to keep the bears out of the houses.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I'm over skiing for the season, and have been for a while, but I am enjoying reading your reports and your pictures. Thanks!  

Hopefully will get the boats out and hit the Lehigh River Saturday at White Haven.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I'm over skiing for the season, and have been for a while, but I am enjoying reading your reports and your pictures. Thanks! 

I'm with you.  i let so much stuff go over the winter.  Been keeping myself busy with things i should have been taking care of for the past year.  

Pics are pretty cool though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm with you.  i let so much stuff go over the winter.  Been keeping myself busy with things i should have been taking care of for the past year.  

Pics are pretty cool though.  

I’ve been busy making money at work.  April was our fifth best month in the last 5 years and May is off to a robust start.  

The high school in Aspen is right near the base of Aspen Highlands...Aspen residents pay fairly low property tax rates as well due to such a high tax base and small percentage of homeowners being year round and even using the schools.  That field looks nicer than some of the local colleges. 

I actually saw saw a condo for sale on Zillow for $55,000 but it’s a 1/12 share with only one week of the four weeks during ski season.  Wow just wow. 

There is some life over here... Engine sound not too far below. I wonder if I can get my ass kicked if they run into me. I'm way off the trail by now. Can't believe it, made a mistake, ended up too low and now have to climb a stupid diamond.

Edited by eaf

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you bring your skis on the hike??

Yeah right, I almost died with just water and snowshoes in the backpack. To carry monsters so high up would be a suicide.