Arapahoe Basin, 05/12-05/13

eaf

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everywhere is a Jerry place. Even Jackson hole.  That rope tow is new. You used to have to skate and poll a little to get to Montezuma bowl from the top of the Lenawee lift. I’d either eat at mid mountain get a brisket sandwich or go to the bottom and eat at taco truck. 

Yeah, a little too late, maybe tomorrow. Got all the way down and am dipping calzone into some belgian.

Oh yeah, the Loveland Pass...

Hurricane wind throwing sand and small gravel in your face, look back to Arapahoe Basin and forward to I-70. Why is it a "Continental Divide"?

While I was there some guys strapped into their skis and disappeared down towards the interstate. Wow.

Good thing it's open. Maybe I'll take it tomorrow instead of coming all the way back to Silverthorne.

IMG_20180512_171412.jpg

IMG_20180512_165952.jpg

IMG_20180512_171453.jpg

• Like 2

Aliens came and kidnapped all people around leaving goods in the windows, unfinished games, scattered chairs. The food is a problem, btw ;). Spotted a chain of curious signs... Sure, they lead into nowhere too. The aliens have taken all the snow too.

IMG_20180512_184745.jpg

IMG_20180512_184537.jpg

IMG_20180512_185024.jpg

IMG_20180512_185632.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shadows said:

New moon is legit. Lots of free food while i worked rentals.

Yeah right. Plenty of enticing menus in other dead windows too. I'll have to go with what I snatched from the nearby "grocery store". Am afraid to drive to Silverthorne. What if it's the same there too?? Feels like camping after an apocalypse.

44 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah right. Plenty of enticing menus in other dead windows too. I'll have to go with what I snatched from the nearby "grocery store". Am afraid to drive to Silverthorne. What if it's the same there too?? Feels like camping after an apocalypse.

Silverthorne is fine all the time. People live there year round.  

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And Loveland pass is the way to go if driving from ABasin to Denver. Do you fly home tomorrow or Monday?

The grand plan for today is:

- 8am skiing

- 1pm checking out

- 6pm catching a flight