Arapahoe Basin, 05/12-05/13

eaf

Fuck. Just did a 360 over somebody. He crashed and slid in front of me, I tried to stop, hit him flat with the skis, flew head first, crashed feet first, somehow have some neck pain, so possibly not exactly feet first, but miraculously everybody has walked away.

Hmm, shall I go to the other side or shall I stay here? I could go, but there is that jerry lift in the way... Maybe ski up instead? Way less people everywhere that yesterday, btw.

IMG_20180513_093518.jpg

IMG_20180513_092657.jpg

Edited by eaf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What’s so bad about a rope toe...you should ski at least one run off the Pali lift.  

Peer pressure ;)

Yeah I just refilled at the upper lodge and am heading over to the other side. Yesterday after 3 there were hardly any people, but attendants have slowed down the lift to a crawl. That made it unskiable.

The coverage on the back side gets thinner by the day. No wonder it's the last day for Zuma. Even though they groomed overnight, there are rocks all over the place. Yesterday before noon there were none.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have fun. Yeah last day for the Pali lift and Montezuma bowl. 

What's a Pali lift? Not the one on the rhs of the front leading to double diamonds?? You really wish me well, don't you? ;)

20 minutes ago, eaf said:

What's a Pali lift? Not the one on the rhs of the front leading to double diamonds?? You really wish me well, don't you? ;)

Yes that lift and you can ski blues off the back side of it that lead to the mid mountain lodge.  I forgot you only ski groomers. Pali face is sweet. It was amazing on the 16” pow day and fun when it’s spring bumps. 

25 minutes ago, eaf said:

The coverage on the back side gets thinner by the day. No wonder it's the last day for Zuma. Even though they groomed overnight, there are rocks all over the place. Yesterday before noon there were none.

There’s a lot of exposure over there and the wind often blows off new snow..that’s why there are snow fences all over the place. The Zuma side usually doesn’t open until January. Sometimes even February. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s the same color as my car...thanks for the Colorado reports Eaf...we’ll give you Jackson hole dates in the fall...you can room with JFDan

Yeah, there wouldn't be any reports if you didn't say back then on the lift that Arapahoe Basin would be open in the middle of May.