Killington June 3

SallyCat

Spent the day biking at K, but went over to check out Superstar snd the new jump ramp thing. Two guys were on their way up to ski the patches and a bunch of other people said they had skied them earlier today or would later. I’ve never been here in early June before; was surprised.7296F63E-30EB-4CF9-B59D-524E8A7BDAC4.thumb.jpeg.b6409182f50684e12fee8d89315e0e8b.jpeg587DBAEF-2DF1-43D2-9495-303ADA2C1D76.thumb.jpeg.d2daf59976b5d8dc940f56cb2798818a.jpeg

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People love to ski.  People are more into going opening day than closing day.  I don’t think you even went may skiing at killington this year. 

I love spring skiing and really wanted to go; had a Nor'beaster spring pass, friends were there at least three times a week, etc.  I just had a savage amount of family obligation and could barely make time for a quick bike ride. It really, really bummed me out. 

This winter I've got flexible online work lined up and plan to try to get a Fri-Sun service job in a shop or at a mountain. I WILL make up for missing most of April and May!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Still might try and do a long weekend up in VT this summer for that reason. 

We did a long weekend up by Lake Champlain, close to Canada.  Right on the lake.  It was beautiful.  VBRO'd a place that had a patio facing the lake and a grill.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Still might try and do a long weekend up in VT this summer for that reason. 

Killington has the second best bike park for beginner riders that I've been to, and I've been to a bunch of east coast parks. First place is Sunapee, for rank beginners, because they have NO advanced trails, so you don't have to worry about speedy cool-guys/gals coming up behind you all the time. And yet, their trails are interesting enough that you don't get bored (for one day, anyway). Learn at Sunapee then shred at Killington. 

Killington wins for atmosphere, variety and an incredibly even progression of trails and trail types. And sheer number of trails. The umbrella bar is open when the park is, and there's a lot of other stuff going on (zip lines, etc.,) so there's a lively vibe.

.....I'm not sure why I decided to do a comparative bike park analysis just becuase someone mentioned Killington. Knee-jerk reaction and pro-Vermont excitement I guess!

Gott go start my shift. I work 6-10 folding towels and rescuing dumb frogs from their daily suicide attempts in the outdoor pool. Not on my watch, dammit.

• Like 1