Forum appreciation

theprogram4

Antman posting his JP Walker pro model got me reminising about the Forum/Special Blend/Foursquare/Jeenyus years and what monsters were on that team.

JP Walker, Joni Malmi, Jeremy Jones, Chris Dufficy, Peter Line, Wille, Bjorn, Chad Otterstrom, Lauri Heiskari, Travis Kennedy (damn shame what happened to him), Eddie Wall, pat moore, devun walsh, and a bunch I can't remember.  Those guys were my idols as a teenager.  I can't think of any brands that had the team that these brands did.  plus all the legendary videos...Tru Life, The Resistance, Video Gangs, THAT.  My user name is cause of these guys

tumblr_inline_mlrob7tyao1r4ckvh.jpg

Edited by theprogram4

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Oh, I though this was an appreciation thread for the staff members around here. I guess not. 😐

The title was massively deceiving to myself as well.  Kudos to you for instantly thinking of yourself, though.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Way back in College the Forum/Special Blend guys came to Penn State. We went into 100 Thomas which is a 300+ seat lecture hall with a movie sized screen, watched their latest video, drank a ton of redbull that was being passed out and then there was a huge after party back at the Snowboard Club house. Travis Kennedy sure as hell could drink. I feel super old now. 

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you learn how to do Tats in prison?  I feel like a pretty small percentage of PASRs have tattoos. 

i work with a lot of guys that have tattoos.  Most of which would openly admit they wish they never got.  One past employee had a neck tattoo with his wifes/GF's/baby' mama's name.   When they split up, he got a cover up.  "Candy" went to looking like "Randy"  it was fucking hilarious.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i work with a lot of guys that have tattoos.  Most of which would openly admit they wish they never got.  One past employee had a neck tattoo with his wifes/GF's/baby' mama's name.   When they split up, he got a cover up.  "Candy" went to looking like "Randy"  it was fucking hilarious.  

I know a ton of people with tattoos as well, but none of them regret getting them. Maybe because they are still on the younger side, or maybe because they weren't stupid enough to get them on their neck. 

In today's society tattoos are fashion. And fashion changes. Just look at the styles in some ten year old photos. Glasses, hair styles, clothes all change. Tattoos are forever. Not to mention body sizes change as you age so the tattoo you got today will look like a blob in 20 years or less. Tattoo removal is going to be big business in the future. I've been looking for a tattoo removal system to invest in. They haven't invented a good one yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Both my employees have tattoos and most of the people I know at the bar have tattoos.  I didn’t even realize until I was in the tombstone business that Jews can’t be buried in a Jewish cemetery if they have tattoos.  Growing up my parents always said tattoos were trashy.  Now while still trashy they’re incredibly mainstream. 

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

In today's society tattoos are fashion. And fashion changes. Just look at the styles in some ten year old photos. Glasses, hair styles, clothes all change. Tattoos are forever. Not to mention body sizes change as you age so the tattoo you got today will look like a blob in 20 years or less. Tattoo removal is going to be big business in the future. I've been looking for a tattoo removal system to invest in. They haven't invented a good one yet.

My husband says this all the time! If you find one to invest in don’t keep it to yourself. Lol. I don’t mind tattoos but I feel like they have gone from small things to huge whole sleeves or whole legs. So many women in my yoga classes have half their bodies done, and make sure whatever they wear showcases the body art. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:53 PM, theprogram4 said:

Antman posting his JP Walker pro model got me reminising about the Forum/Special Blend/Foursquare/Jeenyus years and what monsters were on that team.

JP Walker, Joni Malmi, Jeremy Jones, Chris Dufficy, Peter Line, Wille, Bjorn, Chad Otterstrom, Lauri Heiskari, Travis Kennedy (damn shame what happened to him), Eddie Wall, pat moore, devun walsh, and a bunch I can't remember.  Those guys were my idols as a teenager.  I can't think of any brands that had the team that these brands did.  plus all the legendary videos...Tru Life, The Resistance, Video Gangs, THAT.  My user name is cause of these guys

Havent heard this brand in over a decade lol. Their team was stacked top to bottom including some legends.

• Like 1