Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I wanna go where ever NMSKI goes.  Mother fucker just drags snow around with him. 

Maybe another PASR trip to Jackson?  that was stupid fun last year, well, most of it anyways.  Really want to check another resort of the list.  I have an open invite to NH which might end up really being a vendor trip, so that might be a nice low buck trip.  

Since Jackson Hole on the Ikon Pass I may be persuaded to drive out and meet you fools. (But only if Dan goes) Maybe ski with you the last day you are there so everyone’s legs are tired and I can keep up. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barb said:

Since Jackson Hole on the Ikon Pass I may be persuaded to drive out and meet you fools. (But only if Dan goes) Maybe ski with you the last day you are there so everyone’s legs are tired and I can keep up. 

I’ll ski with you anyday if it’s not the first hour or so when the pace is Mach looney

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I say that because I think Dan is one of the only people I have confidence that would wait for me. I think PC and Dom would too but don’t think Jackson on their radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barb....
Jackson is always on my radar.
If it wasn't....
I'd put it on my radar just to come ski with you.

You'd most likely be waiting for me these days anyway...

• Thanks 1

It’s already been discovered. Limiting their ticket sales helps, but it isn’t like it used to be when you could get lift tickets for $44 and a PowMow Hefe at the Powder Keg for $3. 
The one time i skied pow mow i paid forty something dollars and i clearly remember thinking / saying that it was the best $40 i ever spent.

His Toastness was also there that day from what I recall
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I wanna go where ever NMSKI goes.  Mother fucker just drags snow around with him. 

Maybe another PASR trip to Jackson?  that was stupid fun last year, well, most of it anyways.  Really want to check another resort of the list.  I have an open invite to NH which might end up really being a vendor trip, so that might be a nice low buck trip.  

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

It’s already been discovered. Limiting their ticket sales helps, but it isn’t like it used to be when you could get lift tickets for $44 and a PowMow Hefe at the Powder Keg for $3. 

And it's gotta have powder, otherwise, stick to Snobasin and it's fabulous crappers. IIRC, the urinals are floor models, old school, can't miss.

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

are brighton and solitude still cheap?* 

a full day ticket was only $69 two years ago

*Yes, I am aware you can find this info on their website

I think so. Probably not much more than that. Too lazy to look.

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s hard for PA people to be objective when discussing ski areas out west.  Everywhere is awesome..especially seven springs the day Toast was there.  

Damn straight. Second best day in the east besides the epic blue day from ‘14, I think. 

My best single day ever had to have been at Sugarbush on Valentine’s Day 2014. It was deep and had free refills all day. That whole season was pretty epic.

Last year I had my best day where it didn’t continuously snow at Le Massif de Charlevoix. It snowed the night before about 10”, but there was untouched powder all day. Might have been the best woods day I ever had.

This year I probably had my best “stretch” of snowboarding ever during winter storm Riley at Sugarbush North. It snowed from Monday at noon to Friday at noon. Weekday powder skiing with free refills all day all week is incredibly hard to beat.

15 hours ago, Barb said:

I say that because I think Dan is one of the only people I have confidence that would wait for me. I think PC and Dom would too but don’t think Jackson on their radar.

I would wait.  I got used to waiting for all the slowpokes I was with in Jackson last year!  😉

• Like 3

I'm on my town's EMS Fast Squad and they are paying me to become an EMT this fall. That seems to mean that I am by default a ski patroller at Ascutney. (If you've seen me ski, don't worry: it's just a rope tow). 

Still deciding whether to get a job or be a ski bum this winter.  I want to be a way better skier, not a plodding, intermediate weekender. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I'm on my town's EMS Fast Squad and they are paying me to become an EMT this fall. That seems to mean that I am by default a ski patroller at Ascutney. (If you've seen me ski, don't worry: it's just a rope tow). 

Still deciding whether to get a job or be a ski bum this winter.  I want to be a way better skier, not a plodding, intermediate weekender. 

The best skibum jobs are evening jobs.  When I lived in Montana during the second ski season I had an evening telemarketing job selling magic show tickets from 5-9pm and I also sold satellite dishes door to door.  There was never a day I couldn’t ski.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1