Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

Nope. I’m more interested in Catskills WROD

Does Root ever ski before Root Friday? You usually have at least Belleayre with an upper mountain trail or two and Hunter from the top on Root Friday. Maybe you have Belleayre a week before that.

Killington is only 3 weeks ahead of that. I could easily see saving the time and money to wait.

Maybe. Haven’t done a WROD in awhile. Or hiked the stairway at Killington to download. 

The Stairway to Heaven is annoying, but it’s a no brainer for early season skiing. Easily extends their season 2-3 weeks in marginal temps when everyone else is too warm to make snow. If you have the ability to go midweek, it’s actually a great trail pod up there. It’s just mayhem on weekends.

7 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Does Root ever ski before Root Friday? You usually have at least Belleayre with an upper mountain trail or two and Hunter from the top on Root Friday. Maybe you have Belleayre a week before that.

Killington is only 3 weeks ahead of that. I could easily see saving the time and money to wait.

Sure, if there’s snow on the ground and lifts are spinning somewhere within day-trip range. 

• Like 1

I'll prolly do it; looks like my days off will be weekdays. Just need to scheme a way to get some kind of discount. 

Pretty much the only deal you’ll find on this early season is the 2 for 1 deal they will post later this month. I’ve camped out by the lift ticket kiosk before and shared with a stranger. Knocks it down to thirty and change.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Also, it looks like things are shaking out that I'll be working at Suicide Six in Woodstock this winter, so if anyone has kids or beginners that would enjoy a small hill, contact me about passes. 

What about drunk and/or stoned assholes who just enjoy skiing no matter if the mountains are big or small?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

What about drunk and/or stoned assholes who just enjoy skiing no matter if the mountains are big or small?

I don’t think many from PASR are gonna drive all the way to Vermont to ski a 600 vertical foot hill.  Root is this the year you’re skiing out west?  Talk to Toast he’s doing Utah. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think many from PASR are gonna drive all the way to Vermont to ski a 600 vertical foot hill.  Root is this the year you’re skiing out west?  Talk to Toast he’s doing Utah. 

I wouldn't spend a whole VT trip there.  I'd stop by to ski with SallyCat for one day though.  

Doubtful on going out west.  I have other priorities next year.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I look forward to the TR's from you guys that drive 400-700 miles to ski on one trail with 10,000 other people.  I just cant bring myself to do it.  

Greek Peek is about as far as i could justify driving from the poconos.  

Have you been to Greek Peak?  They apparently have pretty shitty snowmaking and sometimes Blue opens earlier than them. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have you been to Greek Peak?  They apparently have pretty shitty snowmaking and sometimes Blue opens earlier than them. 

greek peak is fun and was my first glades and powder experience.  i havent been there in 11 years, but when i was there they hadnt updated or done renovations in at least 50 years

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

greek peak is fun and was my first glades and powder experience.  i havent been there in 11 years, but when i was there they hadnt updated or done renovations in at least 50 years

Wow well MBike Mike has a timeshare there and it took years to build the indoor water park where he has a time share. 

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's why I said "kids or beginners" GSS!  Drop them off at S6 on your way to the gnar. Not the most exciting terrain, but way fewer New Yorkers. 🙂

10 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

That's why I said "kids or beginners" GSS!  Drop them off at S6 on your way to the gnar. Not the most exciting terrain, but way fewer New Yorkers. 🙂

I thought you have a weekday pass at okemo and also Magic.   Johnny law has been to suicide 6 but he’s been everywhere.  What’s the other little south central Vermont place you skied at last season??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

They’ve done some pretty substantial upgrades since they put in the lodge/water park and changed hands. I know snowmaking was a priority. I haven’t been in about 15 years and I went for spring skiing. It was fun, but I wasn’t looking into details like I do now.

I look forward to the TR's from you guys that drive 400-700 miles to ski on one trail with 10,000 other people.  I just cant bring myself to do it.  

Greek Peek is about as far as i could justify driving from the poconos.  

It’s not worth it to go opening day. Luckily, if the snow conditions allow, Killington runs 7 days a week once they open. Wait 2-3 days for a weekday, and you’ll probably have 2 runs with 100 other people. That’s worth it if you’re really jonesing and have the time to do it.

29 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

It’s not worth it to go opening day. Luckily, if the snow conditions allow, Killington runs 7 days a week once they open. Wait 2-3 days for a weekday, and you’ll probably have 2 runs with 100 other people. That’s worth it if you’re really jonesing and have the time to do it.

That makes sense. Most don’t want to use vacation time for WROD

• Like 1