Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What would you have done???  Anyway sounds like some of the guys who work for you are a few fries short of a happy meal but most intelligent people aren’t out paving on 93 degree days.  

I'm actually pretty good at breaking into vehicles.   Especially ones that i dont have to worry about scratching or causing other small imperfections.  Sometimes you just need to look at the situation and work backwards from the end result. i have gotten into a locked truck with some wood scraps and a pair of jumper cables.  There are plenty of things on the back of the truck for someone to get creative with.  Unfortunately one of those items was also a brick.  There were also about 50 people there with phones.  And he was wearing a shirt with our phone number on it.  If you get creative enough, you can work around most things, like changing a tire without a jack.  

you are correct, not a lot of people with PHD's apply for jobs here.  

Just now, JFskiDan said:

I'm actually pretty good at breaking into vehicles.   Especially ones that i dont have to worry about scratching or causing other small imperfections.  Sometimes you just need to look at the situation and work backwards from the end result. i have gotten into a locked truck with some wood scraps and a pair of jumper cables.  There are plenty of things on the back of the truck for someone to get creative with.  Unfortunately one of those items was also a brick.  There were also about 50 people there with phones.  And he was wearing a shirt with our phone number on it.  If you get creative enough, you can work around most things, like changing a tire without a jack.  

you are correct, not a lot of people with PHD's apply for jobs here.  

If I had a gun to my head and had to change a tire I’d die.  I’m actually the only person in my immediate family that checks tire pressure and adds air to the tires...the rest have it done by the attendant at a full service gas station. I’ve also never been able to tie a tie.  I tried from YouTube videos and failed.  Luckily I never wear a tie anymore. I haven’t worn one in 15 years. 

Sadly you can deduct the cost of a new window out of the employees paycheck.  Off to a cemetery to do a rubbing, photo and measurements..now that’s something I can do and I can use a screwdriver.  When I first started delivery driver asked me to hand him the Phillips and I said,”Huh”...lol

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I enjoy cutting the grass. I wouldn’t enjoy cutting other people’s grass, though. 

1D2EA19B-605D-48EC-9123-E696A6570041.jpeg

Impressive mowing, and I appreciate the fact that you did a perimeter cut as well. Cleans things up and covers up and imperfections at the end of each line. Also you're clearly on top of things by mowing in multiple directions. A lot of people mess that one up. 

What kind of mower do you use? I'm getting the vibe that you're a Toro guy, possibly zero turn. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If I had a gun to my head and had to change a tire I’d die.  I’m actually the only person in my immediate family that checks tire pressure and adds air to the tires...the rest have it done by the attendant at a full service gas station. I’ve also never been able to tie a tie.  I tried from YouTube videos and failed.  Luckily I never wear a tie anymore. I haven’t worn one in 15 years. 

Sadly you can deduct the cost of a new window out of the employees paycheck.  Off to a cemetery to do a rubbing, photo and measurements..now that’s something I can do and I can use a screwdriver.  When I first started delivery driver asked me to hand him the Phillips and I said,”Huh”...lol

A rubbing in the cemetery? C'mon man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes we take tracing paper and rub it with a tennis ball over the lettering for duplicates...I’ll shoe you how to do a rubbing at blue sometime..

I don't need a rubbing demonstration, but I appreciate the offer. Just didn't know you were into rubbing out in the cemetery. I guess it is a low traffic environment, though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Greek Peek is about as far as i would drive to ski one trail with 10000 other people.  I would much rather wait to make a trip when there is way more terrain open.  I would rather meet up with you guys at Blues parking lot, don my ski gear, look at green slopes, talk about how epic the season will be, drink a beer or two, and do dumb things in the parking lot, than drive to Killington for one slope, that has you walking up steps.  

Thats at those condos that have always been vacant, right?  The big huge hotel looking thing?

I'm not in a great spot.  The charm of having a lot of flexibility in the winter, with sooo much BS the other 9 months of the year, is wearing off.  Benefits are such a big deal though.  

Yes, they look goofy from the outside. I never knew what they were. Super nice 3 bedroom condos built in 2012. Easy to walk to the hill along a path that hugs the lake.

Edited by poconoceancity

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Kinda annoyed though. They sent me 179s. Ordered 186.

I think salty has the ski stretcher. I think the results were less than stellar though. 

Send them back. Get what you ordered. Its not like you will use them tomorrow. 

My 2 most recent internet purchases both need to go back for one reason or another. Total pain in the ass. Has made me rethink internet purchases. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Yes, they look goofy from the outside. I never knew what they were. Super nice 3 bedroom condos built in 2012. Easy to walk to the hill along a path that hugs the lake.

And have sat weirdly un occupied for a few years. Not sure why.