Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Seriously you have Salty on ignore...his recent trip to Montana and Wyoming was like a Jack Kerouac novel...badass!!!

I was really tempted to post a 170 joke in response to ridgeracer but deleted it. Fortunately I found topix.com where I can troll anonymously all day long and no one can get pissed off at me or bring down the ban hammer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

And have sat weirdly un occupied for a few years. Not sure why. 

The guy I’m renting from has owned, used and rented his out since 2012. There’s a big parking lot out front that nobody parks in, there’s a smaller lot closer to the building where people who stay there park, giving the illusion that there is never anyone there. They were supposed to build  2 more of them but never did. It’s weird for sure.

I was really tempted to post a 170 joke in response to ridgeracer but deleted it. Fortunately I found topix.com where I can troll anonymously all day long and no one can get pissed off at me or bring down the ban hammer.
Salty here's a picture of the skis that will work better with you're cellular data plan. As you can see they are 179cm in length. Not 170...As mentioned i will likely be returning them since I ordered 186. 40c8c31a63b75dc775183c3063b45104.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

The guy I’m renting from has owned, used and rented his out since 2012. There’s a big parking lot out front that nobody parks in, there’s a smaller lot closer to the building where people who stay there park, giving the illusion that there is never anyone there. They were supposed to build  2 more of them but never did. It’s weird for sure.

Yeah they are weird aesthetically. You would think they would have green space between them and the lake, not a parking lot. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Salty here's a picture of the skis that will work better with you're cellular data plan. As you can see they are 179cm in length. Not 170...As mentioned i will likely be returning them since I ordered 186.

Thanks, great picture! Really captures the details of the skis. That's one reason I don't like ordering expensive items online and go to a brick and mortar shop for bikes and skis.

15 hours ago, trackbiker said:

I hope you get some good snow at Magic but they're only open Friday thru Sunday so I hope one of your weekdays off is Friday.

The new owners have been making a lot of improvements. They likely won't get the Black replacement installed this year but they say the green will be running.

Thursday through Sunday, luckily! Planning my schedule accordingly!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Schif said:

Impressive mowing, and I appreciate the fact that you did a perimeter cut as well. Cleans things up and covers up and imperfections at the end of each line. Also you're clearly on top of things by mowing in multiple directions. A lot of people mess that one up. 

What kind of mower do you use? I'm getting the vibe that you're a Toro guy, possibly zero turn. 

Thank you. 

8236E48E-D7C3-4B1D-B125-242B2DE1DC8A.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Great service!

"Hi Dom,
I apologize for the error.
We can send out the size 186 skis to you with a paid return label to send the 179 skis back to us.
Will that work for you?

The skis will ship today with the paid return label.
Have a great weekend!"

Nice happy ending and Salty the above example is not a reason to not buy online.  Shit happens..

• Confused 1

I buy almost everything online.  I'd rather have things delivered to me, then running around getting what I need.  Returns are usually easy these days.  Amazon returns are the best.  Just choose the option that says "Item not as described on page" and they will usually give you a free return shipping option unless it's a 3rd party seller.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I buy almost everything online.  I'd rather have things delivered to me, then running around getting what I need.  Returns are usually easy these days.  Amazon returns are the best.  Just choose the option that says "Item not as described on page" and they will usually give you a free return shipping option unless it's a 3rd party seller.  

My old delivery driver never uses an ATM machine before.  He said he always goes inside the bank to get cash cause he didn’t want to pay interest. So dumb..good at pushing rocks in cemeteries

58 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I agree with most of what you said.  I have no patience for shopping whats so ever.  I love when stuff shows up on my doorstep.  and yeah, returns are usually fairly easy.  my last 2 internet purchases where fairly big $ wise.  i bought a car cover, and a commercial dehumidifier.  the car cover was missing some stitching.  They were super cool, they told me to keep that cover until i received the new one they are having made.  But im struggling with the dehumidifier.  It doesnt work properly.  At some point it will need to get shipped back, its freight, so its a huge pain in my ass at this point.  plus i still dont have a working dehumidifier.  the people i bought it from seem like they will help me out with it, but first i had to contact the manufacturer to start a support ticket, and they have proceeded to tell me i dont know what im talking about, so im just jumping through hoops at this point with it.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I agree with most of what you said.  I have no patience for shopping whats so ever.  I love when stuff shows up on my doorstep.  and yeah, returns are usually fairly easy.  my last 2 internet purchases where fairly big $ wise.  i bought a car cover, and a commercial dehumidifier.  the car cover was missing some stitching.  They were super cool, they told me to keep that cover until i received the new one they are having made.  But im struggling with the dehumidifier.  It doesnt work properly.  At some point it will need to get shipped back, its freight, so its a huge pain in my ass at this point.  plus i still dont have a working dehumidifier.  the people i bought it from seem like they will help me out with it, but first i had to contact the manufacturer to start a support ticket, and they have proceeded to tell me i dont know what im talking about, so im just jumping through hoops at this point with it.  

I feel your pain on the dehumidifier.  I had to replace one 18 months ago, did all the research, bought what a thought was a good one and it took a shit a month and a half ago.  To get them to honor the warranty was the biggest pain in the ass, and I know it's just going to break again in 18 months.  Now I'm stuck with the old one that the garbage man won't take, or I could pay $25 to get rid of it at an E Waste event.  I try to keep my footprint to a reasonable size, and its unacceptable to me to put a dehumidifier in the landfill every 2 years even if I get a free one on warranty.  I'm pissed!

What kind of dehumidifier did you get?  

I'll be looking to install a permanent/industrial-type thing if/when my current one bites the dust.  

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I feel your pain on the dehumidifier.  I had to replace one 18 months ago, did all the research, bought what a thought was a good one and it took a shit a month and a half ago.  To get them to honor the warranty was the biggest pain in the ass, and I know it's just going to break again in 18 months.  Now I'm stuck with the old one that the garbage man won't take, or I could pay $25 to get rid of it at an E Waste event.  I try to keep my footprint to a reasonable size, and its unacceptable to me to put a dehumidifier in the landfill every 2 years even if I get a free one on warranty.  I'm pissed!

I'll be looking to install a permanent/industrial-type thing if/when my current one bites the dust.  

You can throw it in my dumpster at work if you’re ever up in this area...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I could never buy fresh groceries online. I need to handle my meat.

It’s stupid my friend got one of those for tacos.  It was simple ground beef tacos with fixing and 6 shells and it cost about $20.  For $20 you could go to On the Border and get two taco entrees along with free chips and salsa maybe even some rice and beans as well.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Ebac. I bought 2 used on ebay. I know the one that just took a poop i paid $299 for. It was used, and it lived a full life in my crawlspace for 6 years. Before that, i went through appliance store dehumidifiers like you did. The other one is in my basement, and i just happened to look at that one and it was built in 1997. Still chugging away. They are commercial restoration dehumidifiers. If you go this route, just be aware alot of these dont come with a humidistat, they are meant to be plugged in and run non stop. You can get a humidistat that plugs into an outlet, that you plug the machine into it so you can set where you want to shut it off at. Or you can buy me a beer and i wire one into the cord for you. They are great units, but im kinda getting the run around on getting a new one and this one returned. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Ebac. I bought 2 used on ebay. I know the one that just took a poop i paid $299 for. It was used, and it lived a full life in my crawlspace for 6 years. Before that, i went through appliance store dehumidifiers like you did. The other one is in my basement, and i just happened to look at that one and it was built in 1997. Still chugging away. They are commercial restoration dehumidifiers. If you go this route, just be aware alot of these dont come with a humidistat, they are meant to be plugged in and run non stop. You can get a humidistat that plugs into an outlet, that you plug the machine into it so you can set where you want to shut it off at. Or you can buy me a beer and i wire one into the cord for you. They are great units, but im kinda getting the run around on getting a new one and this one returned. 

Do you use a dehumidifier for health reasons or is your house real humid and things get moldy?