Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

yeah, I can't get stoked for a 3 hour ride to kmart for preseason WROD. It's a lot like the poconos. :) All this hurricane activity makes me wonder if we get another October surprise in West virginny! Hoping for another end of October dump up here so's I can chalk up a day or 2 early season.

11 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

You got it one year before the Stairway to Heaven, right? It was t2b? Did you go back for the Stairway in a following year?

I was there multiple years before stairway to heaven. Once in college opening you got transported to the bottom of rime in the back of a pickup truck. Only one stairway to heaven year which was in 2010

• 4 weeks later...

Mt. Snow might be a better (and closer) option than K in November if you really want to push the season. They spent a ton of money on expanding snowmaking last year and I had a perfectly fun time skiing there in late Nov. with just a few trails open but good snow coverage and light crowds. I mean, it was November and all, but it was skiing and it didn't suck. 

32 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Mt. Snow might be a better (and closer) option than K in November if you really want to push the season. They spent a ton of money on expanding snowmaking last year and I had a perfectly fun time skiing there in late Nov. with just a few trails open but good snow coverage and light crowds. I mean, it was November and all, but it was skiing and it didn't suck. 

Doesn’t mount snow open with top to bottom typically?  Me and Atomic Jeff were at mount snow opening weekend about a decade ago and were offered a full 1700 vert I believe.  Was nice to have a leg burning run. 

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Good info thanks. I assumed they would have big crowds early season if they're one of the only players open. I love Mt Snow and look forward to doing early/late season trips there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Doesn’t mount snow open with top to bottom typically?  Me and Atomic Jeff were at mount snow opening weekend about a decade ago and were offered a full 1700 vert I believe.  Was nice to have a leg burning run. 

Yes. I recall that Long John, Ridge, and Canyon were open.

WNEP card is out for '18 / '19...

We are excited to announce the 2018-2019 Ski Card!

You can purchase a ski card that is good for one full day lift ticket at each of the following local ski resorts:

Whiteface Mountain– Lake Placid, NY

Ski Big Bear– Pennsylvania

Jack Frost / Big Boulder– Pennsylvania

Mountain Creek– New Jersey

Shawnee Mountain– Pennsylvania

Ski Sawmill– Pennsylvania

Swain Mountain– New York

Tussey Mountain– Pennsylvania

You may redeem this for either weekday or weekend lift tickets. That’s right, you can ski on the weekend with the WNEP Ski Card! Please note that this is not valid for holidays (Please see holiday dates in restrictions below.)

The best part about this deal is that you can ski each of these great resorts for only $124 total! That’s more than a 75% savings from purchasing a lift ticket to each mountain, individually! If you want to take advantage of this great deal, then you’d better act fast as quantities are limited