Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If the forecast stays as cool as predicted or trends a bit colder at night If it stays clear and the winds die down a bit, Big boulder could have a bonkyard open next weekend.

A lot of big 'if's' in there, but fingers crossed! 

50 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

That would be the earliest Big Boulder has ever opened. It seems unlikely. I still think the week before Thanksgiving at the earliest. Isn’t it supposed to be warmer this November?

for once i agree with you.  I would put odds on that not happening.  Long range forecasts are BS, but i might buy into looking at temps a week or so out.  Long range temps look marginal to so-so for late November.  

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

That would be the earliest Big Boulder has ever opened. It seems unlikely. I still think the week before Thanksgiving at the earliest. Isn’t it supposed to be warmer this November?

It’s way too early to know what the weather is going to be like in November.  

Mount Snow is apparently pounding the mountain, but announced they won’t open this weekend. They have had significantly less run time than Killington. The most likely early season player for Peaks is Wildcat, but they have to go t2b on a 2k plus vertical mountain with a decent (not great) snowmaking system. I see them as getting open next weekend at the earliest. Weather might be ok up there for round the clock a couple days next week.

Trying to figure out where I want to take a short trip this season; Whiteface, Killington or Stowe. Any opinions on which you prefer and why? While I am a member of the dying breed known as a park rat :clap2, terrain parks dont really factor in to which mountain I would choose. Mainly vertical, lifts and snow quality is what im looking for. I would go during the week so crowds shouldn't factor in too heavily. 

There's a very small chance I plan a week long trip and hit all (3) going from WF-Stowe-KT. More than likely a little out of my budget though.

I appreciate your opinions.:passjoint:  :cheers:

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Never been. Hoping to change that this winter. 

Cool I would definitely recommend going for a day or two. I also loved it because snowboarding was kind of born there and has a rich history in snowboarding.

Keep in mind its a lot of Greens and Blues. Right from their website...

Trail Classification 

• Novice 41%
  • Intermediate 31%
  • Advanced 17%
  • Expert 11%

1 minute ago, antman12 said:

Cool I would definitely recommend going for a day or two. I also loved it because snowboarding was kind of born there and has a rich history in snowboarding.

Keep in mind its a lot of Greens and Blues. Right from their website...

Trail Classification 

• Novice 41%
  • Intermediate 31%
  • Advanced 17%
  • Expert 11%

Fine with me. I can have fun anywhere. Being the best skier on the mountain is what I experience everywhere I go...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1