Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

7 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Antman probably picked the right weekend waiting for the weekend of the 17th. Looks like there will be plenty of snowmaking next week with very little freeze thaw. Conditions should be decent then.

Yea next Saturday, the 17th is still my tentative plan. I would really like to see them put down a decent amount of snow between now and next weekend before committing. 

50 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Yea next Saturday, the 17th is still my tentative plan. I would really like to see them put down a decent amount of snow between now and next weekend before committing. 

Did you see the forecast for Mount Snow.  Looks like around the clock snowmaking. I bet they have a couple routes open for next Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Antman probably picked the right weekend waiting for the weekend of the 17th. Looks like there will be plenty of snowmaking next week with very little freeze thaw. Conditions should be decent then.

Any thoughts on a possible Root Friday opening for Blue mountain??  They need 3-4 nights of snowmaking to open. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you see the forecast for Mount Snow.  Looks like around the clock snowmaking. I bet they have a couple routes open for next Saturday. 

And if they're able to open a few more trails ill go.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Any thoughts on a possible Root Friday opening for Blue mountain??  They need 3-4 nights of snowmaking to open. 

Does Blue usually push to open ASAP?

19 minutes ago, antman12 said:

And if they're able to open a few more trails ill go.

Does Blue usually push to open ASAP?

Yes Blue does...they opened the weekend before thanksgiving a few years ago.  Pray for clear calm nights..overnight cloud cover is the enemy as it minimizes radiational cooling and raises the wet bulb temperature. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes Blue does...they opened the weekend before thanksgiving a few years ago.  Pray for clear calm nights..overnight cloud cover is the enemy as it minimizes radiational cooling and raises the wet bulb temperature. 

I dont see awesome snowmaking temps for Blue for a little while.  a few nights next week look marginal for a few hours.  i think Toast is going to owe me that "spirited fist-bump" or whatever.  

Temps at Lake Harmony look better next week.  Could be interesting to see if that pans out for Boulder.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont see awesome snowmaking temps for Blue for a little while.  a few nights next week look marginal for a few hours.  i think Toast is going to owe me that "spirited fist-bump" or whatever.  

Temps at Lake Harmony look better next week.  Could be interesting to see if that pans out for Boulder.  

Thanks but I was looking for RideDE opinion lol