Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

• 2 weeks later...

JFBB changed their mind and decided that they will not be opening JF this weekend...

The temps were ideal for snowmaking this past week and our snowmakers have been able to pile up the snow. Jack Frost will not open this weekend as planned due to the unfortunate rainy forecast, we still anticipate opening up sometime next week with over 70%of the mountain to be open on day one!  We will announce opening day early next week so stay tuned!

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

JFBB changed their mind and decided that they will not be opening JF this weekend...

The temps were ideal for snowmaking this past week and our snowmakers have been able to pile up the snow. Jack Frost will not open this weekend as planned due to the unfortunate rainy forecast, we still anticipate opening up sometime next week with over 70%of the mountain to be open on day one!  We will announce opening day early next week so stay tuned!

Sucks to suck.  This weekend might not even be a washout. Rain will likely end Saturday morning and Sunday doesn’t look bad. I’m still hopeful to ski both days. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Peak is fucking pathetic. They only care about mount snow and hunter. 5 “resorts” in PA and only one is open this weekend. Not to mention BB was barely half open last weekend and the whole property is a total dump anymore.

https://wmmr.com/2018/12/10/bluemountain/?fbclid=IwAR3RC2yfSWhxcmB1WtIKOnm7zah0bvmeWfvlQcWkF7s4eW1Z-TH8-a7QQ1c

• Like 3

11 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Peak is fucking pathetic. They only care about mount snow and hunter. 5 “resorts” in PA and only one is open this weekend. Not to mention BB was barely half open last weekend and the whole property is a total dump anymore.

I would have thought Peak would be looking to sell JFBB after they bought Hunter and got the taste of larger ski areas.  Then they go and buy the other three.  I guess they look good on their multi mountain pass.  

Did they cut a whole bunch of trees down at BB?  it looked really "open" to me when i was there last month.  

15 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

You do know we have a tool to track all that data....including stats year over year....https://www.paskiandride.com/stats/

Yup I'm aware. Ill probably enter my number of days the end of the year. Its just easier for me to remember to mark them on my calendar. haha.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Yup I'm aware. Ill probably enter my number of days the end of the year. Its just easier for me to remember to mark them on my calendar. haha.

The end of the year?  As the unofficial stats manager that is some bullshit..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea where to put this so ill just leave this here......Hole lee f***

"We are thankful to report that no one was injured in what was a scary episode for seven skiers and riders in two gondola cabins," resort spokesperson Myra Foster told Unofficial Networks.

"A break in a snowmaking pipe on Lower Standard sent water at a 45-degree angle toward the gondola. Snowmaking computers showed a drop in pressure and operators immediately began the process of shutting down the system.

"The operations team simultaneously stopped the lift, restarting it slowly to reposition the cabins. Approximately seven minutes later, the gondola made its way to the summit where guests disembarked."

The gondola is now running normally, and resort officials are using alternate pipes in the network to continue making snow, Foster told Unofficial Networks.

Edited by antman12