Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Guess we will find out today or tomorrow if Belleayre will be open and what deal they will offer. Also considering an overnight trip to Snow.

Are you going to go? or are you going to hang up your skis for 7.5 months until the almighty Peak Pass resorts open up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We can play tic tac toe.  

Who do you think would last longer, Atomic or Toast? Atomic couldn't even stand a 3 minute lift ride, and he wasnt in the middle. We would have to each buy United Airlines wifi and communicate on PASR before they even closed the doors to the plane.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Who do you think would last longer, Atomic or Toast? Atomic couldn't even stand a 3 minute lift ride, and he wasnt in the middle. We would have to each buy United Airlines wifi and communicate on PASR before they even closed the doors to the plane.

Toast probably has the most stamina.  Ask his wife to be sure. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:34 PM, NMSKI said:

I feel your pain on the dehumidifier.  I had to replace one 18 months ago, did all the research, bought what a thought was a good one and it took a shit a month and a half ago.  To get them to honor the warranty was the biggest pain in the ass, and I know it's just going to break again in 18 months.  Now I'm stuck with the old one that the garbage man won't take, or I could pay $25 to get rid of it at an E Waste event.  I try to keep my footprint to a reasonable size, and its unacceptable to me to put a dehumidifier in the landfill every 2 years even if I get a free one on warranty.  I'm pissed!

What kind of dehumidifier did you get?  

I'll be looking to install a permanent/industrial-type thing if/when my current one bites the dust.  

On 9/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, JFskiDan said:

Ebac. I bought 2 used on ebay. I know the one that just took a poop i paid $299 for. It was used, and it lived a full life in my crawlspace for 6 years. Before that, i went through appliance store dehumidifiers like you did. The other one is in my basement, and i just happened to look at that one and it was built in 1997. Still chugging away. They are commercial restoration dehumidifiers. If you go this route, just be aware alot of these dont come with a humidistat, they are meant to be plugged in and run non stop. You can get a humidistat that plugs into an outlet, that you plug the machine into it so you can set where you want to shut it off at. Or you can buy me a beer and i wire one into the cord for you. They are great units, but im kinda getting the run around on getting a new one and this one returned. 

Well that piece of shit already stopped working again!  

The research into commercial dehumidifiers begins today.

4 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Well that piece of shit already stopped working again!  

The research into commercial dehumidifiers begins today.

There is a place in delaware that sells them. I will look when i get back to the office. With what i went through last year having to return a $700 dehumidifier, i would buy local if possible. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

My son has really bad allergies, but mostly just use it because it gets humid as shit in my basement and sort of stinks.

My basement/office is super humid in the summer.  I run a 65 pint dehumidifier (Keystone brand, but I think it's made by LG).  It's about 6 or 7 years old, so I expect it do die at any time now.  I empty it twice a day.

• Like 1