Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

3 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

Post "Free GSS!!!" just for the fuck of it!

Steeze should try making a new account using a VPN. I did that one time on a forum but they found me out and banned the new account after only a few minutes. It may have been a bit too conspicuous.

Edited by saltyant

Ride I think this was supposed to be directed at me.
I've heard that Whiteface can be cold and icy, hence the nickname of "iceface", but I've never heard that it gets repetitive. Interesting to hear. Ill probably put Whiteface/Lake Placid on the back burner for a family/couple trip.
I guess ill have to choose between Killington and Stowe and at the moment would lean towards Killington. Is Stowe that much better than Killington? If so please say so! I'm probably putting too much thought into this in regards to Stowe... but after a quick glance at the trail map it seems that half of the mountain is served by only a double, triple and quad chairlift. 
I'm not too worried about cost if I'm only going to a single mountain, only if I take a longer "ski-fari".

Thanks for the feedback.

It’s tough to say. Almost every mountain has its positives and negatives. Stowe is more expensive, but it’s got great infrastructure, snowmaking, and consistently more natural snow than Killington. That also makes it easier to find quality woods runs that aren’t on a map.

Killington has similar snowmaking, but less natural snow. However, they maintain their on map glades better than Stowe, so they don’t need as much snow. Both places are going to be packed on weekends. However, Killington has Pico, and it’s easy to avoid crowds there and still rack up runs since they have HSQs t2b. The other benefit to Killington is that it is huge. You could easily spend days there without too much overlap.

RideDE I'm not gonna argue since you know your shit when it comes to EC hills. Curious though when's the last you've been to WF? Lookout mountain did alot for the place. Wilmington trail and lookout below off that peak alone are pretty sick.

Chances are best time to go there will always be March (warmer, less chance of "ice" potential for the slides etc). January in Vermont or ADKs doesn't interest me I'm the least. January in UT or anywhere out west where 1 degree and sunny feels amazing does.

RideDE I'm not gonna argue since you know your shit when it comes to EC hills. Curious though when's the last you've been to WF? Lookout mountain did alot for the place. Wilmington trail and lookout below off that peak alone are pretty sick.

Chances are best time to go there will always be March (warmer, less chance of "ice" potential for the slides etc). January in Vermont or ADKs doesn't interest me I'm the least. January in UT or anywhere out west where 1 degree and sunny feels amazing does.

I was there maybe 3-4 years ago. I was able to go on Lookout. There were a couple inches of fresh when I was there. It’s definitely fun, but I felt like I kept finding myself on the same trail run after run. Plus, I found the glade coverage to be pretty poor despite a decent amount of snow previous to my trip. I would go back, I just think that he is going to find better bang for his buck elsewhere in terms of a full package.

12 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Have you skied the slides?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have fun and should be snow up there. 

I'm not going this weekend...MAYBE next weekend depending on the weather and trail count. More than likely ill go 11-9, three Saturdays from now .

Edited by antman12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Next week looks like a bust for snowmaking. This weekend, despite being opening weekend, looks like it will be the better weekend for trail count and snow conditions.

This. Unfortunately. I don't know what Snow was thinking by announcing their opening date for this Saturday. A quick look at the forecast shows less than ideal weather for the next 10 days, let alone this Saturday. Hell look at their base from 8am this morning.

1. Name:  IMG_5031.jpg Views: 46 Size:  23.7 KB