Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What PA options do folks think we will have next weekend?

I am guessing Shawnee, Camelback, Boulder. Blue does not seem to even be trying 

BB. Montage. 

Maybe Camelback. Maybe Blue. Maybe Shawnee. 

Temps haven’t allowed Blue to blow, but they are trying to open for Black Friday if they can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

The forecast looks rough for Blue. Looks like BB and Montage. We (I say we because it’s been going on since I primarily rode in PA) have been repeatedly burnt by Camelback, so I’m not wasting any hope on them.

Why would you waste hope on Camelback when you don’t ride there anyway??  Blue might blow tonight.  It’s looking like Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights look primo for snowmaking at Blue.  Could actually be a Saturday opening there.  I just read their snowmaking blog and they look like they wanna open ASAP

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Rode at the Bush today. We opened up to the top today. There’s been a ton of natural snow already this season, so most of the mountain off Heaven’s Gate is open. I got to hit first tracks on Birdland. The snow was dense, but I didn’t hit anything. It’s always great painting on a blank canvas. It got frigid later in the day, and lots of stuff got snirty, but to be on the natural terrain this early is unheard of.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

The terrain looks heavenly, but that is some of the worst riding I’ve seen in some of the best powder I’ve seen...

That’s leftover shallow powder...and those guys rip!!!!   That’s not even a true pow day..it’s the day after a pow day but I imagine new terrain open. Anyway you should travel out to summit county and show those goobers who already have 30+ days in how to ride!!!