Maintaining own "ski trail"

Maksim

Hey all.  

So if you did not see my earlier post, moved out from NJ to Lehigh Valley, living about 10 mins north of Easton.

Part of the appeal of our property is the nearly 2 acres and some nice hills.  From one corner of the property to the other there is a fairly gentle slope,  dropping about 50 vertical feet over 400 feet, with a nice bump which would make an awesome jump.

Yes, it is not a replacement for a mountain... BUT I figure it would be awesome for my daughter who will be 3 by the time winter hits and our friends/family members.

So.... 

How feasible?  How much pain in the ass would it be?

It will be slow, do not expect to be able to make turns. I may not be the best at math, but that is roughly a 7.13 degree slope if it is continuous from point a to point b. It will for sure be fun for a 3 year old, but I dont know how much you will enjoy hiking for the turns you would get on it. 

• Like 1

Haha, thanks.

So yes, would be predominately for my kiddos and kids of same age in the family.  

Main question was about whether would need to pack the snow or not... good idea on the snow blower.  Have a lawn tractor attachment (snow blower) and can throw it in the right direction.

8 hours ago, Maksim said:

Haha, thanks.

So yes, would be predominately for my kiddos and kids of same age in the family.  

Main question was about whether would need to pack the snow or not... good idea on the snow blower.  Have a lawn tractor attachment (snow blower) and can throw it in the right direction.

Only thing is that if you have 6” of snow it packs to about an inch.