PA Cannabis Legalization Thread

indiggio

48 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Are you allowed to possess fire arms or have a CCP if you have a medical card?

nah but i'm wondering if a spouse in the same household can have a card while someone else has CCP.

i don't like weed enough to give up guns.

Edited by Benm

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

Def more expensive. Got mine card in May and the edibles are great but they’re not as fun since it’s not candy.

You can make candy easy.  Just buy the tincture and look up how to make gummies on google.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Benm said:

nah but i'm wondering if a spouse in the same household can have a card while someone else has CCP.

I don’t believe you can, because the gun would technically be in the presence of the “drugs” even though it’s not yours and you aren’t the CCP holder. 

I could be wrong though. 

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don’t believe you can, because the gun would technically be in the presence of the “drugs” even though it’s not yours and you aren’t the CCP holder. 

I could be wrong though. 

the only thing that I'm aware of that makes it a problem is a question on the LTCF permit questionnaire that asks if the applicant is a user of controlled substances. i just don't know if anything else was written into the bill. 

41 minutes ago, Benm said:

the only thing that I'm aware of that makes it a problem is a question on the LTCF permit questionnaire that asks if the applicant is a user of controlled substances. i just don't know if anything else was written into the bill. 

Finally ... someone called it by the correct name (LTCF)!

50 minutes ago, Benm said:

This being the case, if ever questioned you could claim that you got your medical license to have easier access to medical grade CBD which is not a controlled substance.  

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

This being the case, if ever questioned you could claim that you got your medical license to have easier access to medical grade CBD which is not a controlled substance.  

very interesting perspective. i'm sure we'll get some case law soon enough to find the answer. until then, i'm not risking anything. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Benm said:

I asked a LEO family member and he said if you have a LCTF (you’re welcome @AtomicSkier) and your spouse has a medical card, it’s not an issue. An individual cannot posses both however. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I asked a LEO family member and he said if you have a LCTF (you’re welcome @AtomicSkier) and your spouse has a medical card, it’s not an issue. An individual cannot posses both however. 

Can someone who used to have a medical card but doesn’t anymore have a LCTF?  Asking for a friend...

56 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Can someone who used to have a medical card but doesn’t anymore have a LCTF?  Asking for a friend...

Correct. It’s essentially one or the other. 

edit: both can’t be “active” at the same time. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kyle said:

Correct. It’s essentially one or the other. 

edit: both can’t be “active” at the same time. 

I find it hard to believe there is a coherent system that would actively link the two though. My best guess is that if you had an LCTF it would not be a problem to get a Medical Card. I'm assuming that there would not be a revocation of the LCTF after you got the Medical Card, but if you were to get arrested your LCTF wouldn't hold up. 

However if you have the Medical Card and apply for the LCTF, they might find that during the check and would deny you. 

These are total guesses and I am absolutely not a legal scholar. 

Sounds like there are quite a few LCTFs here. PASR day at the range? 

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

I find it hard to believe there is a coherent system that would actively link the two though. My best guess is that if you had an LCTF it would not be a problem to get a Medical Card. I'm assuming that there would not be a revocation of the LCTF after you got the Medical Card, but if you were to get arrested your LCTF wouldn't hold up. 

However if you have the Medical Card and apply for the LCTF, they might find that during the check and would deny you. 

These are total guesses and I am absolutely not a legal scholar. 

Sounds like there are quite a few LCTFs here. PASR day at the range? 

No, that’s correct. It’s supposed to be one or the other, but the medical card industry isn’t exactly doing that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, indiggio said:

It won’t pass the senate and will have to be reintroduced later.  It’s something. Pretty fucking sad that non violent drug offenders are sitting in jail some not even convicted of a crime just waiting for court. 

• Like 4