Blue Knob projects

Deleted

I got to take a walk around Blue Knob a few days ago - no official word yet but it looks like their tubing hill got moved up adjacent to the beginner area. There's also a borrow pit or snowmaking pond between the old small pond and the beginner lift. Has there been any official word on other projects this season?4051846f95a3bc45914c4a5fc39f439b.jpga94b29c294dc291152d9c96509b11500.jpg0d29078b395e48a97aeede446e479697.jpg46620bc4dc54a6759f50b562860b00ad.jpg

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

no disrespcet to JLaw, but I'd argue Matt Edge is our resident Japan expert.  also, im still waiting on a PASR train day

Oh yeah I remember when Matt edge told me about the time he fucked a retarded chick when he was in the Navy in Japan.  That was badass. 

4 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

no disrespcet to JLaw, but I'd argue Matt Edge is our resident Japan expert.  also, im still waiting on a PASR train day

What would a PASR train day entail? Going to Steamtown National Historic site? Or just hopping on SEPTA and riding back and forth for a few hours? 

36 minutes ago, Schif said:

What would a PASR train day entail? Going to Steamtown National Historic site? Or just hopping on SEPTA and riding back and forth for a few hours? 

Amtrak Acela is on my train bucket list.  Jim Thorpe train would be easier or maybe a trip to the Clinton Station diner which has a train theme. 

35 minutes ago, Schif said:

not sure yet, its been discussed on here before.  im more a fan of commuter rail while others on this site are more fans of freight trains or classic trains.  

It's not where the trail map shows it is, which is in the middle of nowhere. It's right next to the Dew Drop? beginner area, easily visible from the main lot and lodge. At worst no more remote than the bunny hill.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, IceEidolon said:

Unless you used an RTG wouldn't a nuclear train also be a steam or possibly steam-electric train?

EDIT: speaking of, http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/111/t/88192.aspx has nuclear train details.

Still steam.  i was really thinking there was no way for a nuclear train to exist. 

Blue Knob’s new owners talked about some decent upgrades. I wonder how much it will truly help and how extensive they are. The place probably needs to add some housing or more short term lodging in order to up its game. I love it how it is, but small upgrades probably won’t increase skier traffic.