18/19 Season Update

rummy

Season Pass prices remain the same for the third season in a row.

Early buy (before 10/8/18)  Adults. $795.  Old Pharts (65+) $695.              See website for other prices....  www.elkskier.com

Improvements this summer:

Planted 600 trees.... Extensive new drainage on mountain.... New Pisten Bully.... New snowmaking pond..... New pump for snowmaking.... patched parking lot??... AND New Website Design...

57 minutes ago, Schif said:

Elk always claims to plant hundreds of trees per year. I want to see the receipt for all 600 trees and I want to see each of them numbered up on the mountain. 

They pull the trees from their own nursery stock planted years ago nearby the mountain. 

Plus the guy has a bunch of car dealerships, right? Watching the trees grow is kind of crazy. I remember when they planted the trees on the corner at the top of Delaware. Those trees are fully grown now. I don’t know where all 600 go, but they definitely plant plenty.

• Thanks 1

They wont advertise this but i heard the army of smurfs using a system of underground pulleys to operate the lifts quit. They were replaced by trolls. Not angry trolls like the ones that live under bridges. The cute and colorful trolls from the DreamWorks movie. If, when standing in the lift line, you hear the faint sound of Justin Timberlake's "can't stop the feeling" its them! Long story short im surprised season pass prices didn't go up because the trolls do command a higher wage.

All of that said, I'm jonesing for a little Elk. I think a day trip is in order this winter.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

They wont advertise this but i heard the army of smurfs using a system of underground pulleys to operate the lifts quit. They were replaced by trolls. Not angry trolls like the ones that live under bridges. The cute and colorful trolls from the DreamWorks movie. If, when standing in the lift line, you hear the faint sound of Justin Timberlake's "can't stop the feeling" its them! Long story short im surprised season pass prices didn't go up because the trolls do command a higher wage.

All of that said, I'm jonesing for a little Elk. I think a day trip is in order this winter.

Yes, I enjoy a day trip to Elk. Met some folks there last winter, snow was perfect, and zero crowds 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Let me know. I've never been there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Let me know. I've never been there.

That's kind of surprising. Elk has the best terrain and conditions in PA  (and yes, I've been to Blue Knob twice). The lifts aren't really slow. They are just not high speed detachables. And when you consider that you're not waiting in line like at Blue or Camelback, you'll be at the top in the same amount of time. Although I do think that they really need to replace the doubles in front of the lodge with a HSQ at some point.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

That's kind of surprising. Elk has the best terrain and conditions in PA  (and yes, I've been to Blue Knob twice). The lifts aren't really slow. They are just not high speed detachables. And when you consider that you're not waiting in line like at Blue or Camelback, you'll be at the top in the same amount of time. Although I do think that they really need to replace the doubles in front of the lodge with a HSQ at some point.

Eh, it's hard when Blue is <10 Minutes away and I pass 4 other mountains to get there. But, I still feel like it is worth it to check out once so  can bitch about it when everyone else does, and defend it when others do. Right now I have no opinion other than what I've read on this stupid site. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

Eh, it's hard when Blue is <10 Minutes away and I pass 4 other mountains to get there. But, I still feel like it is worth it to check out once so  can bitch about it when everyone else does, and defend it when others do. Right now I have no opinion other than what I've read on this stupid site. 

I get it. If Blue was 10 minutes away from me I'd have a pass there too, not just the 6 weekday deal that I get. But it is still worth checking out sometime for a day just for some variation and to see what it is like. Other than a HSQ they could also add some glades as opposed to their "No tree skiing policy".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Maybe Root or Shadows will carpool with you.  

• Confused 1