18/19 Season Update

rummy

RideDE are you planning on riding at Blue at all this season??  You’ll be able to get a free pass since you’re a ski patroller. 

I usually keep my gear in VT unless I know I’m coming down that way with a chance to ride. If I remember to bring down my gear, then I’ll definitely give it a shot. It’s been like 10 years since I last rode with PASRs. I had a random day with Root, Justo, and Rose at Hunter maybe 7-8 years ago, and that was it...

26 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I usually keep my gear in VT unless I know I’m coming down that way with a chance to ride. If I remember to bring down my gear, then I’ll definitely give it a shot. It’s been like 10 years since I last rode with PASRs. I had a random day with Root, Justo, and Rose at Hunter maybe 7-8 years ago, and that was it...

Yeah it was spring of 2009 at camelback.  Weren’t you in a Frat at Lehigh as well??

He shows up in the winter... When you disappear. Lol

I don’t disappear on purpose. Just get busy and stop checking in on the message boards. I still try to write TRs from time to time. Especially when they are different mountains, early season, or epic snow conditions.
  • Like 1

I don’t disappear on purpose. Just get busy and stop checking in on the message boards. I still try to write TRs from time to time. Especially when they are different mountains, early season, or epic snow conditions.
This is true. You do write a mean TR now and again. Check your DMs though because if i end up in Vermont I'm hitting you up.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Whatever happened to that guy? Is he still around?

Sure we all met him at the PASR party. He bought a season pass to blue...he and Salty skied together a handful of times last season.  I’m sure he’ll be back here posting around the time the major Pocono ski resorts start blowing the mice out of the snowguns.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

53 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Did she actually save up enough money?

Yeah they both get $5 a week..and they actually had free tickets from the 5th grade ski program but their frugal dad still needed to cough up Johnny cash for a half day ticket plus gas, tolls and wear and tear on the car plus two Capri suns and a bag of sun chips.  

36 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I do like your reports...even if they’re sometimes like a month late. 

This is true. You do write a mean TR now and again. Check your DMs though because if i end up in Vermont I'm hitting you up.

Will do. I keep forgetting Tapatalk has that feature. It’s been years since I’ve used it. Hopefully a notification pops up.

I do like your reports...even if they’re sometimes like a month late. 

I hardly take my laptop with me anywhere, so I have to type it up on my phone half the time. It saves me time on uploading pictures, but it takes more time to write. Sometimes the task seems daunting, so I keep putting it off until a month later when I’m back around my computer.

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I hardly take my laptop with me anywhere, so I have to type it up on my phone half the time. It saves me time on uploading pictures, but it takes more time to write. Sometimes the task seems daunting, so I keep putting it off until a month later when I’m back around my computer.

I’ve written a 6 paragraph long Jackson hole report on the 9.5 minute tram ride on my iPhone.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

12 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

MId week in between Christmas and New Years if things get going early would be fun.  Not fun if its 3 trails.  

They usually open with 5, but that includes the beginners and the West slope (1/2 way up mtn).  They've had most of the mountain open by that week too, all depends on the weather.

One thing, when they open a trail it is wall to wall with excellent conditions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

If elk isnt fully open or close to fully open the Christmas week then we'll pick another day but ElK PASR day is happening. Trails like Slalom, Iroquois and Mohawk would definitely need to be in play. Rummy are you down to ski with us?

Oh yes, I'll be there.....  and I don't stop and gawk at the scenery.

One exception, my knees don't do bumps anymore.... And another, I usually take a trip to NH early January.

Mohawk, Tuscarora, Iroquois and Lackawanna have been the last few trails to open the last several years.  They concentrate on opening the West (quad) side first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

If elk isnt fully open or close to fully open the Christmas week then we'll pick another day but ElK PASR day is happening. Trails like Slalom, Iroquois and Mohawk would definitely need to be in play. Rummy are you down to ski with us?

Count me in if I don't have anything else going on.