18/19 Season Update

rummy

14 minutes ago, rummy said:

If the PASR crew makes the trip on a Wednesday in January or February I should be able to get discount coupons for $25 lift tickets.  Has to be a Wednesday, and that was the fee other years.....

Discount tickets for Elk?  Next you are gonna tell me occasionally you see a Elvis riding a Unicorn at the summit running through the newly planted trees.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rummy said:

If the PASR crew makes the trip on a Wednesday in January or February I should be able to get discount coupons for $25 lift tickets.  Has to be a Wednesday, and that was the fee other years.....

It’s never gonna happen. The reason for talk of Xmas week is because a lot of PASRs have off work. 

If I recall, the "Wild Wednesday" coupons were diamond shaped things that were stuck to cases of beer and could be redeemed for a $25 lift ticket on Wednesdays. 

Keystone Light maybe? I don't recall exactly which beer but I definitely used to use those at least once a year when I lived up that way. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:
4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
It’s never gonna happen. The reason for talk of Xmas week is because a lot of PASRs have off work. 

Dude. It's happening. Are you coming or not? I'll take a day off for this.

I have no interest in Elk...I don’t want to drive 100 miles vs 20 miles for shorter runs and lifts that run at half speed...and buy a ticket. I do appreciate all the enthusiasm for a ski day in 3.5 months.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Elk, elk, elk, elk, elk, improvements, elk, plant, trees, elk, wagon, elk, Vermont, elk, without, elk, the, elk, drive, elk, PASR Day, Elk59b5578811a99a58b03655634570748a.jpg

I saw an elk run down the middle of the street in Jackson hole it was huge and then jumped over a 6 foot high fence. 

10 hours ago, Schif said:

If I recall, the "Wild Wednesday" coupons were diamond shaped things that were stuck to cases of beer and could be redeemed for a $25 lift ticket on Wednesdays. 

Keystone Light maybe? I don't recall exactly which beer but I definitely used to use those at least once a year when I lived up that way. 

Coors Light cases,  varies though depending on which beer brands are featured at the bar.

Another suggestion bring some meat and it can be cooked over the round fire pit in the "half-way house" off the West slope... and don't forget the alcohol...

Mid-week you can also park in the upper lot and avoid the "Elk Wagon" ride.  Not possible on weekends and holiday weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

i thoroughly enjoyed my day trip to elk 2 seasons ago, and props to them for still having morning rates ($39 for 4 hours is plenty fair).  but i have a hard time believing the 1,000 ft vertical

It’s not on google earth. I think 935 feet from the top of the highest great at the summit to the bottom of the snowmaking pond

It’s not on google earth. I think 935 feet from the top of the highest great at the summit to the bottom of the snowmaking pond

Maybe 1,000 from the top of the hill with the tower if you hike? I saw tracks on that once and was cracking up thinking about who would waste the effort for 1 or 2 turns.