Peak Resorts Consolidation

Ride Delaware ?

https://www.peakresorts.com/news-updates/snowtime/

For what it is worth. They picked up more smaller mountains in PA to combine with JFBB and Hunter in NY. Guess it makes it easier for people who frequent those mountains to head to Mount Snow for a real vacation.

1 minute ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

https://www.peakresorts.com/news-updates/snowtime/

For what it is worth. They picked up more smaller mountains in PA to combine with JFBB and Hunter in NY. Guess it makes it easier for people who frequent those mountains to head to Mount Snow for a real vacation.

Barb begins to count the money...

• Like 2

I’m sure Barb will sell within the next few years. She’s closing in on retirement age and I don’t think she has any kids. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if she keeps running it as a retirement plan and just lets the GM do everything. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Camelback owners bought it, sold the resort land, leased back the operations, and then developed it like Camelback. They are making a mountain of dough out of a molehill.

5 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she keeps running it as a retirement plan and just lets the GM do everything. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Camelback owners bought it, sold the resort land, leased back the operations, and then developed it like Camelback. They are making a mountain of dough out of a molehill.

Blue needs to get the hotel/condos and water park off the ground.  

• Like 1

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

I like the whole Vail Resorts buying Blue notion

Trust me Blue is on Vail resorts radar..if they had a hotel and could put together some midweek and weekend ski and stay packages...they could really tap into a gold mine..:sell more night skiing tickets..more meals gears rentals lessons I wouldn’t mind a bit of an Alps theme sort of like how camelback has an Egyptian theme...I already pronounce challenge with a French accent..make it into Epcot on snow..would be like living near Disney world without the alligators. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Trust me Blue is on Vail resorts radar..if they had a hotel and could put together some midweek and weekend ski and stay packages...they could really tap into a gold mine..:sell more night skiing tickets..more meals gears rentals lessons I wouldn’t mind a bit of an Alps theme sort of like how camelback has an Egyptian theme...I already pronounce challenge with a French accent..make it into Epcot on snow..would be like living near Disney world without the alligators. 

Ya...the alligators are the only thing that would be different 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Just saw there are going to be large glade areas open between all the trails in the new Hunter North terrain. That could get me to go for a Peak pass next season.

Correct. For some reason I thought this expansion was opening next season, not this season. Nice surprise.  

I'm getting a Peak Pass in the coming weeks and I'm really looking forward to hitting Hunter a couple times this season.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Correct. For some reason I thought this expansion was opening next season, not this season. Nice surprise.  

I'm getting a Peak Pass in the coming weeks and I'm really looking forward to hitting Hunter a couple times this season.

I thought you already bought a mount Snow season pass late last season. 

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you already bought a mount Snow season pass late last season. 

Nope. I posted that I might and wanted to but never pulled the trigger. I'm definitely getting one, $400 is way too good of a deal to pass up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, antman12 said:

Nope. I posted that I might and wanted to but never pulled the trigger. I'm definitely getting one, $400 is way too good of a deal to pass up.

For sure. You will make use of it to since you already made it clear you are making trips to VT and NY. I have a feeling this will just make it easier for you to go more ofter. WTGAI!

• Like 2

Hunter can be a madhouse on weekends, but if you can make a couple weekdays to Hunter and then have the ability to hit Mount Snow, Wildcat, and Attitash, then I would say $400 is worth it. Plus you’ve got JFBB in your backyard.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

For sure. You will make use of it to since you already made it clear you are making trips to VT and NY. I have a feeling this will just make it easier for you to go more ofter. WTGAI!

For sure. Even if I use the pass 5 times (ill likely use it way more) it should pay for itself. Plus I want to go to Hunter a couple times since ive never been. Same for Jack Frost, ill probably bring my nephew with me to Frost as more of a leisure/slow day. Add in a couple weekends at Snow and the pass is paid for.

12 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Hunter can be a madhouse on weekends, but if you can make a couple weekdays to Hunter and then have the ability to hit Mount Snow, Wildcat, and Attitash, then I would say $400 is worth it. Plus you’ve got JFBB in your backyard.

Thanks for the Hunter info, weekdays it is! I highly highly doubt ill make it to Attitash or Wildcat, way too far. lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the Hunter info, weekdays it is! I highly highly doubt ill make it to Attitash or Wildcat, way too far. lol

That’s a common misconception. If you’re talking about going to Stowe, it’s only 45 minutes to an hour further, and you can hit up both Attitash and Wildcat back to back...