Peak news

JFskiDan

7 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Has there been any movement this year on the hotel or water park? Are these dead in the water, or still moving through regulatory agencies? The water park up top makes perfect sense due to the view. Why not scale back the hotel at the top and move it back a little from the AT and then build a larger hotel at the base where it’s flat and has less issues?

They have no interest in building a hotel at the base...they want it next to the main lodge so guests can have easy access to the Slopeside grill and bar and have mountaintop views.  Nothing has been done to the waterpark since about 5 years ago when they cleared out the land and made a few small parking areas.  Last I heard the Appalachian trail club and the Sierra club were fighting the new hotel/condos as it’s fairly close to the Appalachian trail. I’m still waiting for pricing which was supposed to be released December of 2015. 

New page: Boner City

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They have no interest in building a hotel at the base...they want it next to the main lodge so guests can have easy access to the Slopeside grill and bar and have mountaintop views.  Nothing has been done to the waterpark since about 5 years ago when they cleared out the land and made a few small parking areas.  Last I heard the Appalachian trail club and the Sierra club were fighting the new hotel/condos as it’s fairly close to the Appalachian trail. I’m still waiting for pricing which was supposed to be released December of 2015. 

New page: Boner City

dont they still have to dig up blue for the pipeline?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

If Vail bought Peaks, they wouldn’t keep these. They would keep the real resorts like Attitash, Wildcat, Mount Snow, and Hunter. They would probably spin the PA mountains off into a different company and sell it.

Naa, Vail has a vested interest in buying up feeder resorts near population centers and using them to leverage customers to their larger resorts.  They are already doing this with wilmot and afton alps in WI and MN.  

By the way, peak is in fact a publically traded company, they trade under the ticker symbol SKIS.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I had heard the hotel/condos were dependent upon the pipeline going through.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/poconos-coal/penneast-pipeline-would-fuel-blue-mountain-expansion/511571025

A friend of mine said this as well.  Why, or how he knew that was a mystery me, being as he isnt a Blue groupie, big skier, etc.  It was the same as if Doug was to turn to you and give you a real good home maintenance tip.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Naa, Vail has a vested interest in buying up feeder resorts near population centers and using them to leverage customers to their larger resorts.  They are already doing this with wilmot and afton alps in WI and MN.  

By the way, peak is in fact a publically traded company, they trade under the ticker symbol SKIS.  

When i was still at Frost, i rode the lift with a guy who was way smarter than i.  We had a conversation about them going public.  He felt that paying a dividend on stocks was cheaper than any loan would cost.  Easy way to get money to buy stuff, and pay out less than the interest on a loan.  kinda makes sense.  

• 1 month later...
I thought it’s supposed to rain Tuesday.  Wednesday Thursday and then this weekend are important. 

It is supposed to rain, but I don’t expect them to lose too much. Both rainstorms this week should be cold rains. I still expect them to open this weekend at some point. They’ve always been pretty aggressive.

Just now, Ride Delaware ? said:

It looks just like Freedom is getting the treatment. I know they have the capacity to blow more than just Freedom. I wonder why they are holding off?

guns are still on as of now.  right now im using the completely irrational idea that BB opens tomorrow as a way to get me through today.  no chance of that happening and it makes zero financial sense for them, but it puts happy thoughts of snow in my head

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

guns are still on as of now.  right now im using the completely irrational idea that BB opens tomorrow as a way to get me through today.  no chance of that happening and it makes zero financial sense for them, but it puts happy thoughts of snow in my head

Could happen, Friday at 3 is guaranteed!

• Like 2