Best way to ski with Family/kids?

Mess

This is going to be a tough year for skiing.  My son is now in 6th Grade and my daughter is in 3rd so nobody qualifies for 4th/5th PSSA Ski Pass.  On top of that my 5 year old wants to ski this year.  Luckily he seems to be free except i will need to rent equipment for him.  

I always shop for discount lift tickets but are there any ski clubs/passes that will make things more manageable this year?

Thanks

When I started going there were always ski clubs at Montage on Friday nights. That was how I got into it. I don't know of any clubs specifically anymore but I know they are out there and they were definitely a very affordable way to get me and my brother out on the snow when we were kids. If I recall, it was $11 if you just needed a lift ticket, and $16 got you a lift lesson and rental. Best Friday nights ever as a 14 year old. 

On 10/14/2018 at 10:37 AM, Mess said:

This is going to be a tough year for skiing.  My son is now in 6th Grade and my daughter is in 3rd so nobody qualifies for 4th/5th PSSA Ski Pass.  On top of that my 5 year old wants to ski this year.  Luckily he seems to be free except i will need to rent equipment for him.  

I always shop for discount lift tickets but are there any ski clubs/passes that will make things more manageable this year?

Thanks

Call skitolivelivetoski.  

Princeton ski club?  What card did RidgeRacer just post about?  i had no interest in it, but if it had 3 somewhat local hills on it, it might be something worth looking at.  

Pocono Ski And Ride Card, generally available via ski clubs, at least the Princeto one.

Blue offered 99 season passes to 6th graders who had 5th grade passport last year. I got 2. May want to look into that but could be too late.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pocono Ski And Ride Card, generally available via ski clubs, at least the Princeto one.

Ski2LiveLIve2Ski, Do you know if the Pocono Card is out yet? Do you get emails from the Princeton Ski Club to let us know when it comes out?

I bought that one year and it is a much better deal than the WNEP Card.

I will post here if I hear anything. I am not really staying on top of it this year due to having Blue season pass. Not really worth the expense just to add a day each at CB and Frost. Big Bear not a real draw, and once kids are used to Blue routinely, there will be little draw to go back to Shawnee.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I will post here if I hear anything. I am not really staying on top of it this year due to having Blue season pass. Not really worth the expense just to add a day each at CB and Frost. Big Bear not a real draw, and once kids are used to Blue routinely, there will be little draw to go back to Shawnee.

Thanks. I like to use it on weekends when I am not in VT or the ADK. I ski from open to noon or whenever it gets crowded. I don't want to pay for a full price ticket for 3 or 4 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this today. Noy going to do it myself since we got Blue passes. Add $30 for new PSSC membership, but if you act fast as a member you may be able to buy more than one - I as always did.

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fr20.rs6.net%2Fon.jsp%3Fa%3D1011259033202%26r%3D3%26c%3Df7afdcb0-dddf-11e3-bec0-d4ae5292c973%26d%3D1131545507405%26ch%3Df8b2cdc0-dddf-11e3-befe-d4ae5292c973%26ca%3D6b4b3bcf-fac2-483c-a911-81b5be438684%26o%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fimgssl.constantcontact.com%2Fui%2Fimages1%2Fs.gif&t=1541330795&ymreqid=cbf19164-05ab-7358-2293-4d06f2011300&sig=B.Fc.73m2JXvWUhMrVFIPA--~C

New PSSC Banner

2019 Pocono Mountains Ski and Ride Card   

Deadline:  Saturday, December 29  

Dear Robert ,

snowman-family.jpg

Pocono Mountains Ski and Ride Card
Available Exclusively to NJSSC Members
Deadline to Order:  December 29

Want to surprise someone with a unique, one-of-a-kind gift item?   We have just the right ticket -- really!  The Pocono Ski and Ride Card is a special lift ticket offer from the New Jersey Ski and Snowboard Council and is now available for purchase through Princeton Ski and Sail Club to its members.

Cost:      $72 per card (PSSC membership required to purchase)  

Note:  PSSC has only 25 Pocono Cards for sale, available on an order-received basis.  Mail your order today; it must be received by Saturday, December 29. 

Where to Ski:   Ski a total of five times, one time at each mountain.  Choose from these Pocono Mountains resorts:  Blue Mountain, Camelback, Jack Frost/Big Boulder, Shawnee, Big Bear.  The Pocono Ski and Ride Card gives you more than a $300.00 value for only $72!

Valid Dates:  Pocono Cards are valid from January 2, 2019, through the end of the season
with these blackout dates:  January 19 - 21 (MLK Weekend), February 16 - 18 (Presidents' Weekend).  The cards are first-come, first-serve, and purchase must be made through Princeton Ski and Sail Club.  

How to Order:  Mail order form below with stamped, self-addressed envelope and check, payable to Princeton Ski and Sail Club, before Saturday, December 29, to:

George Koscs

118 Rose Street

Metuchen, NJ  08840

Notes:  

* The Pocono Card is laminated.  Attach extra postage to the return envelope if you are purchasing two or more cards.  

* Pocono Cards are only available from the New Jersey Ski and Snowboard Council through Princeton Ski and Sail Club.  Please do not contact any of the resorts regarding this offer.

Information:        George Koscs 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2019 NJSSC / Princeton Ski and Sail Club Pocono Card Order Form

Name:  ______________________________________________________________

Address:  ____________________________________________________________

Email:  _________________________________   Telephone:  __________________

Enclosed:   $_______ for _____ Pocono Card(s) @ $72 each.

Mail completed form, check payable to Princeton Ski and Sail Club, and stamped, self-addressed envelope (with extra postage for two or more cards) to:

George Koscs

118 Rose Street

Metuchen, NJ  08840

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For more information on New Jersey Ski and Snowboard Council activities and events, 

visit the NJSSC website.     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F2764cb37be%2Fac6d1d45-8016-49fc-9fd0-1892bd6d37b9.jpg&t=1541330795&ymreqid=cbf19164-05ab-7358-2293-4d06f2011300&sig=gQCeyILKoiIMBgtQXm5xoA--~C                 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

PSSC Information:       www.princetonskiandsail.org 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To contact appropriate person(s):
  • DO NOT click the Reply button in your email application.
  • Use the email and telephone links provided within the message. 
eBulletin administrator: eBulletin@princetonskiandsail.org  
PSSC website: www.princetonskiandsail.org 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgssl.constantcontact.com%2Fletters%2Fimages%2Fsys%2FS.gif&t=1541330795&ymreqid=cbf19164-05ab-7358-2293-4d06f2011300&sig=xxgbpIAK1kP9q2LHcZhuQg--~C
Princeton Ski and Sail Club, P.O. Box 333, Princeton, NJ 08542
Sent by ebulletin@princetonskiandsail.org in collaboration with
Constant Contact
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgssl.constantcontact.com%2Fletters%2Fimages%2Fsys%2FS.gif&t=1541330795&ymreqid=cbf19164-05ab-7358-2293-4d06f2011300&sig=xxgbpIAK1kP9q2LHcZhuQg--~C

• Like 1

With the Blue pass it makes no sense to me, as I'm never going to pay to ski Big Bear or Shawnee when I have a Blue pass to use. I might go to JF for trees or CB for variety and lesser crowds. But throw in membership cost ($25 if renewing) and it would be $97 for 2 days I get to ski a Pocono Mt other than Blue, which is really not much of a deal, particularly as if I am going to spend $ to ski somewhere different I would rather  it be Catskills or North.