Any good CO winter break deals?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

18 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:
20 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:
$100/day is too much for lawyers to afford.

Lawyer by day. Rockstar by night.

Latest video I edited. I get to take a turn singing lead on this one. Performing 13 of these Motown tunes with 20 of these 25 people at 11 PM tonight in case anyone wants to swing by the Hopewell Valley Bistro

https://youtu.be/GhyYX7ugzQ8

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Latest video I edited. I get to take a turn singing lead on this one. Performing 13 of these Motown tunes with 20 of these 25 people at 11 PM tonight in case anyone wants to swing by the Hopewell Valley Bistro

https://youtu.be/GhyYX7ugzQ8

That was neat...I know exactly where that is in Princeton. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Leaning towards Copper at the moment. They have a pretty good lodging deal that includes free tix for kids and reduced price for adults, and the segregation of terrain levels on Mtn looks nice. Never been there. Anyone have any thoughts? 

Lots of low intermediate terrain for your kids from almost the top and fast lifts. Some mild expert terrain for you if you put your kiddos in a lesson. Nothing scary at copper mountain.  

37 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Leaning towards Copper at the moment. They have a pretty good lodging deal that includes free tix for kids and reduced price for adults, and the segregation of terrain levels on Mtn looks nice. Never been there. Anyone have any thoughts? 

I was actually just going to post this about Copper for you. Just got the email today. Looks like a good deal for you. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Copper kinda sucks TBH, and it will be incredibly crowded that time of year.  

23 minutes ago, jordan said:

you missed this part - free tix for kids and reduced price for adults   That comes before crowds, lifts, convenience, vert, snow quality, etc.  

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Lots of low intermediate terrain for your kids from almost the top and fast lifts. Some mild expert terrain for you if you put your kiddos in a lesson. Nothing scary at copper mountain.  

+ 1. Good place for kids, with some real nice intermediate cruisers.  Should have fun and base area is nice.

Just remembered, that's where we saw three bare-assed naked employees celebrating their end of season .  No pictures sorry. 2 female 1 male. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds pretty great for a vaca with kids. Even the back bowls not real challenging there?

3 hours ago, jordan said:

Where do you think would be better for a vaca with kids that would be less crowded from Dec 24 to 26 that is within a couple hours of Denver?

Leaning away from Winter Park as we just went there in March, and would rather do a place with lodging on site rather than Loveland, A-Basin or Eldora. Lodging on site = they can take a break and watch a movie in the room while I do some runs on my own.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rummy said:

+ 1. Good place for kids, with some real nice intermediate cruisers.  Should have fun and base area is nice.

Just remembered, that's where we saw three bare-assed naked employees celebrating their end of season .  No pictures sorry. 2 female 1 male. 

Crested butte used to have a naked ski day on closing day. It’s how they got the nickname crusty butt.  

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Sounds pretty great for a vaca with kids. Even the back bowls not real challenging there?

Where do you think would be better for a vaca with kids that would be less crowded from Dec 24 to 26 that is within a couple hours of Denver?

I doubt the back bowls are gonna be open that early in the season unless it dumps like crazy.  Some of that terrain has some steep sections but nothing like the Pali lift at ABasin or most of the blacks at Jackson hole. 

Ski2Live the days you’re skiing are not crowded times..the holiday at ski resorts starts in earnest beginning the 26th.  The 24th and 25th most people are celebrating little baby Jesus birthday and roasting chestnuts on an open fire.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Leaning away from Winter Park as we just went there in March, and would rather do a place with lodging on site rather than Loveland, A-Basin or Eldora. Lodging on site = they can take a break and watch a movie in the room while I do some runs on my own.

When you put it that way...copper will be hard to beat. with lodging on site you are limited to copper, breck, vail, keystone and beaver creek. 

All of those locations will be crowded that week.  Christmas is not as crowded, but christmas eve can be.  GSS is right that Dec 26-31 is far worse. 

Of the list noted above, Breck has the best terrain, Keystone is probably most interesting for kids and copper is middle of the road in both departments.  If you want to ski really good terrain, I would try to sneak away to the A-Basin for a day if Pali is open by then.  

Edited by jordan
  • Like 2