Killington 10-22-18

Ride Delaware ?

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Looks like she’s trying to give me a run for my money in terms of quality trip reports...

Aw, shucks. I need to seriously step up my photo game to keep up with you, those pics were great; I especially love the lone mountaintop Adirondack chair facing the snow gun. 

Aw, shucks. I need to seriously step up my photo game to keep up with you, those pics were great; I especially love the lone mountaintop Adirondack chair facing the snow gun. 

Taking the pictures is the toughest part. I take a shot of whatever I think looks cool, but it does become a hassle taking the phone out all the time. That’s why GSS just posts paragraphs.
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I wouldn’t want a winter without natural snow, but I would rather have snowboarding with no snow off the trail than no snowboarding at all...

Winters with little natural snow keep the slopes wide open for season pass holders, but it just doesn't feel like winter if there isn't any snow off the trails.

7 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Taking the pictures is the toughest part. I take a shot of whatever I think looks cool, but it does become a hassle taking the phone out all the time. That’s why GSS just posts paragraphs.

I usually keep my phone in car when skiing 99% of the time at Blue. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I usually keep my phone in car when skiing 99% of the time at Blue. 

I've started using my phone for music after losing three iPod Shuffles off the chairlift. I recovered one of them in the spring melt; it had been through a groomer and salted. At least with that one I had closure. The phone stays in my pocket, though.

30 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I've started using my phone for music after losing three iPod Shuffles off the chairlift. I recovered one of them in the spring melt; it had been through a groomer and salted. At least with that one I had closure. The phone stays in my pocket, though.

Sheesh I won’t go into pockets on chairlift. Way too risky...some of the people I ski with have their phone out most chairlift rides. I tried skiing with an iPod one season about 12 years ago but I don’t really like it and usually have songs going through my head anyway. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I can appreciate people listening to music, but I prefer to hear my surroundings. I also can’t leave the phone in the car when I’m in VT because I usually have some type of business to attend to.

I’m on my phone all day everyday so skiing is a nice break from it.  

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sheesh I won’t go into pockets on chairlift. Way too risky...some of the people I ski with have their phone out most chairlift rides. I tried skiing with an iPod one season about 12 years ago but I don’t really like it and usually have songs going through my head anyway. 

I always have my phone with me, it's the holy trinity: keys, wallet & phone.  I've been saying it for as long as I've been skiing and had a cellphone.

I much rather hear someone coming at me and/or listen to the quiet around me than listen to music while I ski.

Even Adam Sandler had to jump on the bandwagon...

Edited by indiggio

9 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I always have my phone with me, it's the holy trinity: keys, wallet & phone.  I've been saying it for as long as I've been skiing and had a cellphone.

I much rather hear someone coming at me and/or listen to the quiet around me than listen to music while I ski.

Well you’re married so probably need to be easily accessible in case your wife calls you about something like picking her up tampons on the way home from skiing lol. 

I wish they had that whole Adam Sandler special on YouTube.  The one about the uber drivers car smelling bad hits close to home.  Any uber I get that has a rating below 4.75 usually smells like body odor along with Indian uber drivers.  I usually retaliate with a nice crop dusting a few seconds before I depart. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

I’m right there with you. I feel naked without the trinity...
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well you’re married so probably need to be easily accessible in case your wife calls you about something like picking her up tampons on the way home from skiing lol.

More like picking up a 6-pack of beer or a bottle of wine...

• Like 3

phone and keys in front left pocket.  wallet in rear left pocket.  cigs and lighter in right front pocket.  back right pocket always stays empty except for receipts.  anytime i get off even a couch to use the bathroom, i go through this checklist.  any variation of this is unacceptable and will completely fuck up my day.  nothing else goes in the pockets, and what item goes into which pocket will never change (wallet can never go in rear right pocket for example)

• Like 2

Just now, toast21602 said:

Wow. Left rear pocket. That is unique, since the right is the most widely used. Keep being you, TP4.

one time i had a pimple on my left butt cheek that made sitting with the wallet in that pocket uncomfortable.  i tried temporarily moving the wallet to right rear pocket, but just couldnt do it.  it was much better being uncomfortable then dealing with the mind fuck of having the wallet in a different pocket

Just now, Schif said:

He's just keeping the wallet one step ahead of pickpockets who typically would go for the right rear

people would tell me to keep my wallet in my front pocket while riding the subway when it was standing room only to avoid pickpockets.  i tried, but again, i just couldnt do it.  i would feel nothing in my rear pocket and panic thinking my wallet was stolen, only to remember it was in my front pocket.  i would just keep my left hand to my side with my pinky finger touching the wallet so i could always feel it was there.

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

people would tell me to keep my wallet in my front pocket while riding the subway when it was standing room only to avoid pickpockets.  i tried, but again, i just couldnt do it.  i would feel nothing in my rear pocket and panic thinking my wallet was stolen, only to remember it was in my front pocket.  i would just keep my left hand to my side with my pinky finger touching the wallet so i could always feel it was there.

Why not go for the ultimate in security and get a wallet that can be affixed to you via a series of pickpocket resistant metal links? 

• Like 1

I recently switched to a money clip and there's no turning back!  I realized all of a sudden i was sporting the "costanza" wallet and noticed that I only really need to carry 4 or 5 cards and hardly ever have a huge wad of cash. The clip fits in my front pocket easily and reduces the bulk which is nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NMSKI said:

I recently switched to a money clip and there's no turning back!  I realized all of a sudden i was sporting the "costanza" wallet and noticed that I only really need to carry 4 or 5 cards and hardly ever have a huge wad of cash. The clip fits in my front pocket easily and reduces the bulk which is nice.

while i dont have a constanza wallet, i have an ever increasing collection of business cards people have given me over the years that for some reason are still in my wallet, plus some empty gift cards smh

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

while i dont have a constanza wallet, i have an ever increasing collection of business cards people have given me over the years that for some reason are still in my wallet, plus some empty gift cards smh

That is the downside to using a clip-based wallet. I have so many gift cards that I don't carry around with me and never get used when I should be using them. S. M. H. 

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That is the downside to using a clip-based wallet. I have so many gift cards that I don't carry around with me and never get used when I should be using them. S. M. H. 

I have a $50 gift certificate to a restaurant in quakertown from a year ago a customer gave me that I never used.  I bet I’ll never use it.  Not worth driving to quakertown for a free meal and I’d still have to leave a tip.