Killington 10-22-18

Ride Delaware ?

15 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I recently switched to a money clip and there's no turning back!  I realized all of a sudden i was sporting the "costanza" wallet and noticed that I only really need to carry 4 or 5 cards and hardly ever have a huge wad of cash. The clip fits in my front pocket easily and reduces the bulk which is nice.

I don’t unsterstand men who keep wallet in the back pocket.  So they sit on it.  Weird. I do get a kick out of olds that wear cell phone holsters and people who wear those blue tooth ear pieces connected to their phones..I notice it’s mostly Afro Americans. 

*New Page. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I recently switched to a money clip and there's no turning back!  I realized all of a sudden i was sporting the "costanza" wallet and noticed that I only really need to carry 4 or 5 cards and hardly ever have a huge wad of cash. The clip fits in my front pocket easily and reduces the bulk which is nice.

i can see this happening.  since paychecks are now direct deposit, i really dont use cash for much.......i used to deposit my check, and get a little cash out for the week, otherwise, i hate taking cash out of my bank account.  i now use my CC for everything.  I have had the same little wad of cash in my wallet for weeks now.  Really i could get by with my DL,  2 credit cards, and just a couple bucks.  Thats pretty much what i carry skiing.....no wallet.  

By the way, its awesome how this went from a Killington TR, to a wallet thread.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i can see this happening.  since paychecks are now direct deposit, i really dont use cash for much.......i used to deposit my check, and get a little cash out for the week, otherwise, i hate taking cash out of my bank account.  i now use my CC for everything.  I have had the same little wad of cash in my wallet for weeks now.  Really i could get by with my DL,  2 credit cards, and just a couple bucks.  Thats pretty much what i carry skiing.....no wallet.  

By the way, its awesome how this went from a Killington TR, to a wallet thread.  

The only things I need cash for are weed and Yoccos hot dogs.  I get a physical paycheck every two weeks.  Doesn’t matter to me because I’m at the bank about every other day making deposits. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I always used to keep some cash in my pockets/money clip when I was on the mountain because I felt it would be nice to give ski patrol a tip if they ever needed to take me out on a sled. A little something for the effort, ya know? 

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

I always used to keep some cash in my pockets/money clip when I was on the mountain because I felt it would be nice to give ski patrol a tip if they ever needed to take me out on a sled. A little something for the effort, ya know? 

Are you serious???  I doubt they would accept tips.  

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thought that counts? I was in high school when I started thinking about that. I don't carry much in my pockets nowadays. I need all my pocket space for ice cold beer. 

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

2 years ago in Taos, my friend needed patrol to bring a ski down from the middle of Kachina.  For whatever reason instead of hiking up for it he slid down about 400 vertical feet like a penguin.  The point of my story is, that he tried to give them some cash and they laughed at him (even harder than they were already laughing because of his gaper move). 

On 10/31/2018 at 12:35 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t unsterstand men who keep wallet in the back pocket.  So they sit on it.  Weird. I do get a kick out of olds that wear cell phone holsters and people who wear those blue tooth ear pieces connected to their phones..I notice it’s mostly Afro Americans. 

*New Page. 

Sitting on a fat wallet is bad for your back as it causes your hips to to tilt, forcing your back into misalignment.    

• Like 1

I love using my phone to pay. I was at Wegmans recently and the cashier stared at me like I had two heads when I whipped out my phone and placed it over the card reader. When the register popped open and the receipt printed she was mind blown. I had to actually explain to her that I paid with my phone. Said she never saw anyone actually do that. Moral of the story...when at the Wegmans in Bethlehem, use your phone to pay if you want cashiers to think that you possess magic powers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I love using my phone to pay. I was at Wegmans recently and the cashier stared at me like I had two heads when I whipped out my phone and placed it over the card reader. When the register popped open and the receipt printed she was mind blown. I had to actually explain to her that I paid with my phone. Said she never saw anyone actually do that. Moral of the story...when at the Wegmans in Bethlehem, use your phone to pay if you want cashiers to think that you possess magic powers.

Used to use phone all the time at Wawa, when they updated the system to actually use the chip readers the next two times I tried it they couldn’t make it work.

That was  months ago, I’m sure they figured it out by now but I haven’t tried t since. Don’t want to be the d-bag holding up the line when it’s just as fast to use my card

• Like 1