Killington 10-22-18

Ride Delaware ?

11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I love using my phone to pay. I was at Wegmans recently and the cashier stared at me like I had two heads when I whipped out my phone and placed it over the card reader. When the register popped open and the receipt printed she was mind blown. I had to actually explain to her that I paid with my phone. Said she never saw anyone actually do that. Moral of the story...when at the Wegmans in Bethlehem, use your phone to pay if you want cashiers to think that you possess magic powers.

I guess I am getting old because I would totally worry about identity theft using my phone to pay. It took ma a long time to get comfortable with direct deposit, I was the last hold out at work, they had to threaten writing me up before I switched over.

I guess I am getting old because I would totally worry about identity theft using my phone to pay. It took ma a long time to get comfortable with direct deposit, I was the last hold out at work, they had to threaten writing me up before I switched over.

Paying at the point of sale using your phone is probably safer than using a debit or credit card. No chance of card skimming.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have Apple Pay on my phone, but when I went through an upgrade, it wiped it all, and I never went back. Now I just swipe or chip read. I’m not against it, I’m just lazy.

I heard Killington had another record breaking year in terms of attendance, but still had some tickets available. I’m sure it was better for the access road businesses than it was Killington, but I’m sure they have figured out how to make a pretty penny after their 4th year at it. You’re adventurous for going out there Sally. I had a friend who worked there two years ago and had to run the shuttle bus, and he said it was absolute mayhem.

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I used to have Apple Pay on my phone, but when I went through an upgrade, it wiped it all, and I never went back. Now I just swipe or chip read. I’m not against it, I’m just lazy.

I heard Killington had another record breaking year in terms of attendance, but still had some tickets available. I’m sure it was better for the access road businesses than it was Killington, but I’m sure they have figured out how to make a pretty penny after their 4th year at it. You’re adventurous for going out there Sally. I had a friend who worked there two years ago and had to run the shuttle bus, and he said it was absolute mayhem.

To assume makes an ass of u and me 

I got some VIP passes through work and they came with parking in the lot right under the Gondola. We got some free swag, lots of good food, and free beer and bloody Mary's. Ended up being a really good place to watch from; big tvs until the skiers came in sight, then a good view from there. The place went nuts when Shiffren won, and really any time an American or Canadian was up. Was a fun scene and the crowds weren't too crazy, but we were lucky.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I got some VIP passes through work and they came with parking in the lot right under the Gondola. We got some free swag, lots of good food, and free beer and bloody Mary's. Ended up being a really good place to watch from; big tvs until the skiers came in sight, then a good view from there. The place went nuts when Shiffren won, and really any time an American or Canadian was up. Was a fun scene and the crowds weren't too crazy, but we were lucky.

Sounds cool thanks for stopping in!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2