Killington 10-22-18

Ride Delaware ?

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

SallyCat wanted to wait out the snow guns, but that’s a catch 22. With borderline temps like that, it would have hardened up. It was fun. It’s all about mindset, and I was in the right one.

Great report and pics!

I did go back down around 1:30 and did about five runs that were really fun. I saw a ton of people walking back to the gondola and figured that it would be less crowded than the morning, which it was.  Looked for you and your wife but was never confident enough that it was you to shout out. DId you have some sort of writing/logo on the back of your jacket?

Keep in mind I'm barely more than a novice skier, so the poor visibility and bumped-up terrain were really challenging.  I figured time on snow can't be a bad thing even if it's difficult, and I liked that the variable surface made me really have to work on staying forward (as opposed to starting out the season being lazy/sloppy on groomers). But I also didn't want to get hurt, so I was pretty tentative. I was super jealous of all the good skiers ripping around with such confidence!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

SallyCat wanted to wait out the snow guns, but that’s a catch 22. With borderline temps like that, it would have hardened up. It was fun. It’s all about mindset, and I was in the right one.

It's the East, just ski it!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He’s more of a Sally than Sally lol. 

I am proud to be a Sally and all my doors are Sallyports. I pass through them the same way I ski and bike: with enthusiasm, a limited skill set, and an elevated blood-alcohol level. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice write up although you post that it was surreal to go skiing without a flake of snow on the ground and that’s the way it is 80% of the time here in PA

True, Indiggio said the same. I guess because it's October and seems so early. Everyone's still enjoying the foliage, etc.  The snowless skiing in PA is usually in January. 

• Like 2