Article on PA improvements

sibhusky

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Pharaoh's my least favorite trail so no big loss.

For me it is pretty key to have more than one run with some incline to it off the only left that accesses their full vertical. Lapping Cliff would get old a lot quicker than alternating them.

45 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

For me it is pretty key to have more than one run with some incline to it off the only left that accesses their full vertical. Lapping Cliff would get old a lot quicker than alternating them.

Pharaoh has that turn and it usually has moguls. I don't do moguls. Cliffhanger is the # 1 trail in the world!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I bet you’ve been to more places than Johnny law and Matt edge combined 

Bear Creek, Blue, Boulder, Camelback, Eagle Rock, Elk, Jack Frost, Killington, Montage, Roundtop, Seven Springs, Shawnee, Spring, and Stowe. I think that's the only 14 I've been to.

Trying for Mountain Creek this year to make 15.

Edited by saltyant

12 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

the exception being tunkhannock at elk in good snow seasons

I have PTSD from that run. Tried it once last year and the moguls are size of yurts. Never again! Thought my RTMs would bend and become disformed.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Decent bump runs need to be seeded in PA as the terrain isn’t steep enough for the bumps to form naturally unless there is a ton of natural snow. 

I an certainly not a bump maven, but I personally very much prefer the bumps that form naturally at CB and Montage to the seeded runs.

25 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I an certainly not a bump maven, but I personally very much prefer the bumps that form naturally at CB and Montage to the seeded runs.

Most likely because they're made by others making similar turns, while seeded bumps are the opposite, set at a fixed distance forcing you to make turns where you typically aren't used to and/or at a much higher rate.

52 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Glad to hear there is a good reason for preferring natural bumps. Tailor made for a skier like me is just exactly perfect.

I prefer natural bumps because the make you have to think about where you're gonna make your turns as opposed to seeded bumps that just let you get into a monotonous rhythm.
I'll ski either, but I'll take a good dumping and the natural bumps that follow until they groom the life out of them.

• Like 4