Article on PA improvements

sibhusky

True, especially as 
1. Not doing PS&R card this year
2. Will be in CO on Xmas

Only way I can see hitting CB this year is if they have a longer season in Nov or April. But Blue passes likely only for 1 year while they have 6th grade rate.

Camelback has a better climate than Blue, but they never make a push into November except for the occasional terrain park in the tubing park or the tubing park itself. It still amazes me that they don’t push for it to get a jumpstart on filling the hotel for the season...

14 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Camelback has a better climate than Blue, but they never make a push into November except for the occasional terrain park in the tubing park or the tubing park itself. It still amazes me that they don’t push for it to get a jumpstart on filling the hotel for the season...

I don’t think they will ever push to open the mountain. I think the hotel has actually made that even more so. My prediction is that they will open tubing first again this year. It’s right outside the hotel, and they can sell it to the hotel guests. 

They had a guess the mountain opening date or something on their Facebook a little bit ago. My guess was “about a week after the tubing hill.” They gave it a like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I don’t think they will ever push to open the mountain. I think the hotel has actually made that even more so. My prediction is that they will open tubing first again this year. It’s right outside the hotel, and they can sell it to the hotel guests. 

I second this. I mean at this point I would really be curious as to what percentage of their revenue even comes from snow operations anymore. 

I bet under 20%

I bet it is low. Although, they could also blow the Nile Mile side first, or at least a trail or two, and have ski in ski out by Thanksgiving. However, all of the revenue streams work together, regardless of how much actually comes from skiing. I wonder what hotel occupancy is? It is a massive hotel...

22 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I bet it is low. Although, they could also blow the Nile Mile side first, or at least a trail or two, and have ski in ski out by Thanksgiving. However, all of the revenue streams work together, regardless of how much actually comes from skiing. I wonder what hotel occupancy is? It is a massive hotel...

Absolutely what they should do. Blow the Indoor waterpark lift pod, as well as Sunbowl for beginners and early season lessons. They just don't seem to care to.