New Trail - Scarab

saltyant

11 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Wait, they put a terrain park on Pharaoh? Why? I liked when it was contained on its own little area with that mid mountain double. They had the cool graffiti thing going too.

My guess is because Shawnee put a terrain park on a top-to-bottom run accessible from the high speed quad, so Camelback did the same to stay competitive with the park people.  I rarely skied the Pharaoh/Bactrian combo anyway because I don't really like either trail that much.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:55 PM, saltyant said:

My guess is because Shawnee put a terrain park on a top-to-bottom run accessible from the high speed quad, so Camelback did the same to stay competitive with the park people.  I rarely skied the Pharaoh/Bactrian combo anyway because I don't really like either trail that much.

Salty this is great

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/02/this-new-ski-slopes-no-joke-poconos-resort-opens-trail-thats-a-rarity-for-the-region.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=lehighvalleylivecom_sf&utm_content=lvl_facebook_lehighvalleylivecom&fbclid=IwAR02ByUxXzWQvroVUCecb8at8REDoYrWJfcZxf45KZoCMJlH5jcq6NbuZd8

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah I think there are plenty of PA mountains that have double black diamonds...this new trail sounds treacherous

Cliffhanger is a double black and it would a blue square in Vermont. The blue square trail Starburst (or something) at Killington is probably just as steep. This new trial at Camelback should be a triple or even quadruple black diamond, per comments on that news website.

• Like 1

Of course trail rankings indicate difficulty compared to other things on that mountain. 

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Cliffhanger is a double black and it would a blue square in Vermont. The blue square trail Starburst (or something) at Killington is probably just as steep. This new trial at Camelback should be a triple or even quadruple black diamond, per comments on that news website.