New Trail - Scarab

saltyant

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Of course trail rankings indicate difficulty compared to other things on that mountain. 

except for aspen mountain and aspen highlands who say screw that, we are getting rid of all green trails for marketing purposes lol

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:55 PM, saltyant said:

My guess is because Shawnee put a terrain park on a top-to-bottom run accessible from the high speed quad, so Camelback did the same to stay competitive with the park people.  I rarely skied the Pharaoh/Bactrian combo anyway because I don't really like either trail that much.

Salty when is the PASR day at camelback?

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

There should be something like the Postmaster General for ranking ski trails, maybe like "skimaster general".  I dont think anything in the poconos should be labeled as double black.  Challenge and Corbets are worlds apart in difficulty.  

The mini Root rollers connecting lazy mile to the falls last night were definitely double blue square maybe even a red in Europe.  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

There should be something like the Postmaster General for ranking ski trails, maybe like "skimaster general".  I dont think anything in the poconos should be labeled as double black.  Challenge and Corbets are worlds apart in difficulty.  

It would be worth having 2 rankings perhaps, a relative to mountain green / blue / black and a more objective perhaps 1 to 10 scale based on how steep/narrow/twisty it is compared to ski trails in general.

Cause a purely objective scale that gave everything in PA a green or blue would not be real informative for the beginners who need these ratings the most.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It would be worth having 2 rankings perhaps, a relative to mountain green / blue / black and a more objective perhaps 1 to 10 scale based on how steep/narrow/twisty it is compared to ski trails in general.

Cause a purely objective scale that gave everything in PA a green or blue would not be real informative for the beginners who need these ratings the most.

Blue would be off the charts because it is the best mountain on the east coast. 

• Confused 1

Blue Mountain would be all blue trails obviously. It's right there in the name. 

In my experience though all the trails that are open are usually white, occasionally they will have a slightly brown trail too. Sidewinder was a green until about 6 weeks ago if I recall. 

Edited by Schif
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, enjoralas said:

This is correct. Buckman’s is having a demo day with $38 tickets, although as of last Sunday the Whitehall location did not have tickets yet:

Tickets are now advertised at $42 and no demos for what they are now calling customer appreciation day instead of demo day.

Since we already off work, Pops and I are likely either still going or heading to Montage on Monday. $30 ticket at Montage. Includes rental and even a group lesson. Might try snowboarding

10 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Tickets are now advertised at $42 and no demos for what they are now calling customer appreciation day instead of demo day.

Since we already off work, Pops and I are likely either still going or heading to Montage on Monday. $30 ticket at Montage. Includes rental and even a group lesson. Might try snowboarding

Still might go to Camelback... I miss that place and the weather looks good. Monday is probably the least busy day to ski anywhere.

17 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

You can't beat that ticket deal at Montage.