New Trail - Scarab

saltyant

According to skicamelback.com, the new trail, Scarab, enables access from the West to the East side, and connects the two HSQs. It's also one of the most aesthetically pleasing trails as it faces the entire Pocono Mountain and Catskill Mountain ranges, as far as you can see.

I presume it connects the top of Sullivan HSQ (West) to the bottom of Stevenson HSQ (East), but you can already move between these two points various ways using existing trails. It's mind boggling predicting where Scarab will be - is it going to create hazardous intersections through multiple trails? Or is it going to be a tiny 100-200 foot connector as predicted in RED below?? Can't wait to find out!! Do any of PASR's Camelback subject matter experts (SMEs) have any thoughts?

image.thumb.png.eec6ba5519ebec41bfb53e0133b8b407.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Aren't they turning Pharoah and Bactrian into a top-to-bottom terrain park? 

Yes. I probably ski those two trails the least so I'm totally fine with that. Maybe I'll give them a go and catch some mad air (literally 1 inch off the ground).

Edited by saltyant

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s amazing that you can see the Catskills from the camel..you can see the adirondacks from the Catskills and Mount Mansfield from the adirondacks and Mount Washington from mount Mansfield and the Atlantic Ocean from Mount Washington....

Next time I go to Camelback I'll bring my ultra high powered binoculars and try to find a faint outline of the Catskills on a clear day.

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It will take many seasons to explore all the nooks and crannies of the new trail at camelback. They should build a small warming hut halfway down it for people to take a breather and catch their bearings. 

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked on that. Will probably get the Triple Ticket package and maybe we can have PASR day at Camelback to explore the new trail. TP4 and Toast are already lead pipe locks.

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked on that. Will probably get the Triple Ticket package and maybe we can have PASR day at Camelback to explore the new trail. TP4 and Toast are already lead pipe locks.

They're easy to see from the top of CB or even better from Big Pocono State Park at the actual peak. Look Northeast.

Oh and what the hell is a Scarab? Who names a trail that?

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Who names a ski trail after an insect?

Good question. A quick google search to learn more informed me that it was an important insect to the Egyptians, so I guess it goes with some of their other trail names. Apparently sacred, and found in many heiroglyphic images.  Makes more sense now.