New Trail - Scarab

saltyant

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s only about 3 miles farther east on 22 than where you get on 145...maybe go on the way to skiing if you’re running early.   I’ve personally never been to Waffle House but the guys in the Bloodhound gang sing about Waffle House home fries in the song the Bad Touch. 

this is a good point, i should stop there after blue one of these days.  i feel like you would enjoy waffle house...i think you go to diners a lot.  the allentown one is similar to the lancaster one...its too nice and not ratchet enough to be a real waffle house.  

35 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I can't wait to call them out on it. Freshly cut trail my ass, pretty sure that pass thru was always there, they just had a fence up across it

They also said on Facebook they'd let people know as soon as the updated map was up. Well, it's up and they didn't let anyone know. Good thing I'm letting everyone know for Camelback because I remembered to check their map today or we'd still be on the edge of our seats with anticipation.

Edited by saltyant

I can't wait to call them out on it. Freshly cut trail my ass, pretty sure that pass thru was always there, they just had a fence up across it

I do believe that they had a couple fir trees planted there to block it as well... You could have still skied through them.

Yeah I always cut through there anyway. It’s like 20 foot long tops.

im still mad that a few years ago I drove up just to find them closed due to inclement weather, despite it being sunny and both their phone and website stating they are open, while a security guard is telling me a hundreds others to leave.

glad I saw the light and got a blue pass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Camelback has just shocked the civilized world with a surprise announcement that there is ANOTHER new trail coming soon! A Double Black Diamond underneath the Sullivan chair! Unbelievable, wow! Rumor has it they may even upgrade it to Triple Black Diamond status (JK). Sounds like they removed an old water park slide to make room for the new trail, so take that all you Camelback hate-ahs.

Edited by saltyant

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback has just shocked the civilized world with a surprise announcement that there is ANOTHER new trail coming soon! A Double Black Diamond underneath the Sullivan chair! Unbelievable, wow! Rumor has it they may even upgrade it to Triple Black Diamond status (JK). Sounds like they removed an old water park slide to make room for the new trail, so take that all you Camelback hate-ahs.

This is great...Salty are you going to organize a PASR day at camelback?

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

https://www.buckmans.com/buckmans-ski-snowboard/pa-ski-resort-lift-tickets.aspx

I see $45, but where did you find $38? I can likely take off work that day.

Gotta click on events. Special ticket for demo day.

https://www.buckmans.com/buckmans-ski-snowboard/events.aspx

Edit: Blue's is next Wednesday. Past couple years I've taken off for it, but it snuck up on me this year and not enough notice. The Camel one will be a good chance to get up there this year

Edited by enjoralas
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, saltyant said:

According to Facebook comments, whichever water slide was under the Sullivan Lift - although from my recollection it was actually an old alpine slide, so not really sure...

Just saw the Facebook post, with video someone posted from the lift. Pretty sure I just skied that trail Friday, it was called Kickapoo.

In all seriousness, better get it first. That trail is gonna be a shitshow.