Opening day thread 11/23/18

GrilledSteezeSandwich

31 minutes ago, phillycore said:

I'd definitely use the RTMs.
Always a good option to bring the rock skis out when the base is still thin.

I agree. My RTMs are rad. I try to keep the ski bases in pristine shape but last year I skied off piste at Montage against the advice of Steeze and unfortunately now there's a giant scratch down the middle.

I pulled into the upper lot at around 7:40AM and in the house were Marty, Atomic Jeff, Matt Edge, Root, Enjorales, Johnny Style, Indiggio and many many others were in the house.  There were a solid 80-100 people at the rope the rope drop including Carve, Blue mountains mascot along with some of the social media marketing team and Reality TV star Jim Daily always nice to see him and the rope drop was around 8:38Am with a mad dash to the vista chair.  

To be continued.  

The snow on vista was nice machine groomed packed powder..a little stiff at the lift line. Come around was real nice snow and got a nice uncrowded run on that since I was on the first vista chair. Easy out to vista was also good. The liftline for vista was bad but not terrible like 10+ minutes mid morning. The rumor was that midway and lower Main Street was opening around 10am. Then it was said 1030. I went to the lot for a quick beer then back on the snow and the timing was perfect. 

Second rope drop around 1020am was badass...was pretty much me edge Atomic Jeff and a couple of groms snow was lipstick the next run it was pig..some cookie action but apparently it got better.  More beers in the lot and a pretty solid amount of people spilling in.  Not only was today at Blue bonus skiing but they overdelivered..thanks to the snowmakers for pulling this off.  A snowmaking said they were using 8,000 gallons per minute of water at peak.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Tons.  I'd say like 80% didn't work.

They were writing down people's names whose passes didn't work.
Not sure what, if anything, they were gonna do with the lists.

Got the distinct impression that writing down names wasn’t so they could compile a list to do anything with, but to compare against if anyone dared come back again without going inside to wait in line to correct their error.

• Like 1