Big Boulder 11-23-18

RidgeRacer

Took a gamble and opted for Big Boulder today over Blue. Met up with JFSkiDan around 10. Did a few laps on Tannenbaum before Merry Widow opened. First few runs on Love Park were $$$. Upper Sitzmark also opened shortly thereafter proving options from the top. Upper Sitz was also lots of fun. Snow was good overall but the cookies came out at the top of Love. Not much in the way crowds but lines did start to form on Merry Widow around 11:30 or so. Peaced out around noon. The goal for today was to be able to ski a decent run with minimal crowds and that goal was achieved so I'm cool. Oh also saw Antman but couldn't catch up with him.

Great day. See y'all at Blue tomorrow am.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Im not sure why I cant edit my above post so apologies for the double posts.....

Had a bit of an unfortunate start to my day...

Pulled into the lot at about 950 suited and booted and on the Freedom lift by about 10:05. Everythings going well and at the very top lift tower my nose starts bleeding out of no where!!! This is not a common thing for me and something that never bothered me growing up, just a totally random occurrence. I race down to the lot and hang in my car for 20-30 minutes before finally getting it to stop and cleaning myself up. Very embarrassing SMH.

I proceed to take my first and only none park run down Love, which is where I was spotted by Dan and Ridge :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:. After that run I did a decent amount of runs on the Freedom park, if I had to guess between 12-15 runs till about 1230 (lost count around 9). No real lift lines but a couple runs thru the park were pretty congested, others not so bad. They set up a new park on Freedom with 24 features advertised, I believe. Im not a huge fan of the new setup, but still a lot of fun features to keep bringing me back. Conditions were alright. Hard crunchy snow and some ice underneath at spots. Since the sun was out all day I wonder if it soften up any.

Met a new local today and we ended up lapping the park for at least 8+ runs together. Always nice to have somebody riding with you and pushing you.

Not much else to add. Ill probably be back up at Boulder with my cousin on Sunday morning unless he wants to ride Blue, which is possible.

Good evening all....

Rolled into BB lot at about 10:10 and was on the snow with my cousin by about 1030. We rode about 12+ runs by 1230 mostly off of the merry widow ii lift. My god that lift is slow...FFS. The snow was fast and a lot of fun. The park was fun and set up well as always. We only took a few runs down freedom and on the last 2 I "stuck" on the same rail and ate sh*t both times. The first time I figured it was my fault, the second time definitely not. At about 1230 I jokingly mentioned that we should go to blue, since he has a pass there too and much to my surprise he agreed and we finished our run and hi-tailed it Blue.

• Like 2